Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Odeen [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 29
Signos: 1,315
Night Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  18 [Year 492 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 38 — Exp: 59  |    Active Magic: Spell Warding  |    Bonded: Ruth (Tarrasque)

Raymond.
and at his feet they'll cast their golden crowns
when the man comes around

Hydra was an attentive student. If Raymond had been predisposed to bouts of self-consciousness, it would have shown as he worked. He had neither a healer's touch nor a healer's bearing, and if an actual medic had judged his handiwork they'd have congratulated him on a job...done.

But whatever. Her bleeding would stop and the yarrow-mud mixture would do the work until the wounds closed or she found an actual doctor. He absently smoothed over a section of the poultice that still wanted to weep blood.

He listened as the young mare recounted her run-in with the puma and its desperate hunger. A symptom of the destruction in the mountains, he mused. The beast would have little reason to venture so far south of its usual stomping grounds otherwise.

Pursing his lips, Raymond answered with a noncommittal shrug. "That's what I'm here to find out. The gates were closed until the business on the summit." Something in his tone as he said 'business' suggested something rather less respectable than suits and briefcases. "Someone there arrived in the company of a dragon, and thinking it wasn't somehow involved would stretch the limits of optimism, but I prefer knowledge to empty speculation." That was a hefty chunk of words to throw out when 'I don't know' would suffice, but not nearly enough to paint the picture he had built up through a long season of investigation.

Little news had leaked out from behind the gates, and little of that inspired confidence. It had been interesting, to say the least, to see the night regime arrive at the summit; that had been enough to hasten his efforts.

"I'm bound for the Court; there might be an actual healer there to have a look at you, if you'd like to come along." He smiled.

@Hydra | <3 So much has developed since this thread began! Maybe we can wrap it up and pick up a new one set during the present shenanigans?

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Messages In This Thread
I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-13-2018, 02:14 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-14-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-26-2018, 11:59 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 07-03-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Raymond - 07-06-2018, 12:41 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 07-07-2018, 10:56 PM