Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Worthy Home [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kaladin

He had never expected to be greeted with pleasure by another. He had considered friendship a useless sentiment, something to be observed with curiosity but kept at an arm's reach. He'd known, in his eight-hundred-year slumber, that friendship was a fickle thing, only strong enough to maintain pleasantries, but shattering under the slightest strain. Friendship made mortals weak - it was enough to have them turn a blind eye to an enemy, or to expose their backs to an assassin's knife. When mortals began to rely on others, that was when they lost their independence, their ability to think freely and rationally. Friends held them back and made them weak. He knew this. Then why was he glad to make those same, oh-so-mortal mistakes?

The thoughts coursed through his mind briefly, enough to make him think, what the hell am I doing?, but not enough to have him put aside the pleasant feeling that bubbled in his chest. I can always use him to my advantage, then cast him aside, he reminded himself. But when he looked to Camdis' honest, excited face - excited to see Kaladin, no less - he knew he would not be able to harm the stallion. Unless his freedom was at stake. He would kill every mortal in his path if it meant breaking the cursed collar. But at the moment, Camdis was not standing on this path - no, he walked beside Kaladin instead, some little comfort in this harrowing purgatory.

He was surprised at how comfortably speech came to him now. Glad to forgo small talk and awkward greeting, he dove headfirst into conversation, his sarcasm falling naturally into place alongside Camdis' jest. "It's not the dark that frightens me - it's the dreadful architecture. I thought you had better taste then this, my friend." he cocked his head, eyes glimmering in the gloomy torchlight. "Have you Night Court members ever considered a little color? Or some greenery? Though if I were a plant, I'd want to get the hell out of this darkness as fast as possible."He glanced at Camdis sheepishly, mouth quirking up in the rare grin. "No offense." He shuddered at the cold, eyes darting around the steel-grey courtyard before taking comfort in Camdis' crimson flank. It amused him that such a colorful man could take up residence in a place such as this. Mortals continued to surprise him - his new acquaintance was now exception.

Kaladin shook his head at the second inquiry, speaking in earnest now. "Unfortunately not. I don't think I could commit to a life of eternal darkness."Not again, at least, he added in his thoughts. Now that he had seen it, he could not help but think of how much the Night Court's layout reminded him of his old imprisonment. He pushed the thought aside before it could affect him, focusing instead on the task at hand. "I came here still seeking that relic - I had hoped the Night Court could offer some guidance. Have you heard any news, perhaps?"

@Camdis i now name Camdis and Kaladin the best bromance 2k17

code by avis

Messages In This Thread
A Worthy Home [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-25-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: A Worthy Home [Relic Contest] - by Kaladin - 06-30-2017, 03:31 AM
RE: A Worthy Home [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-02-2017, 05:26 PM
RE: A Worthy Home [Relic Contest] - by Kaladin - 07-05-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: A Worthy Home [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 08-15-2017, 08:37 PM