Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - IMPORTANT - [MEETING] ~ When ages fall.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Asterion

asterion*

At last there is a break in the storms. With it has come a pause in the rescuing, in the search for survivors and the care of the injured and frightened and lost. Asterion is not so sure the storms are over, and as he stands on the cliffside just before his sister he is weary, worn-down. He is full of sorrow for Terrastella, for Florentine, for all those who are suffering – but his magic is a quiet tide within him, a whisper to have faith.

Oh, but it is difficult. Maybe the gods have abandoned them (is that any worse than the thought that this is their test?) and his sister has all but forgotten him. Florentine’s body is broken and their trust has again made them fools. And some of their people are missing, washed away by the ceaseless rain.

And now this. Asterion watches them gather, watches the way his sister stands with her eyes shut tight as the wind whips her hair, taking purple petals for itself. His companion is perched on a lichen-mottled rock not far away, nothing but another gull to those than don’t know better. And as for himself, knowing what is to come -

Not ready, his heart whispers, not worthy-

You’re not a boy any longer, Asterion. Cirrus’s voice in his mind is rough as the breakers and firm as the cliffs along the coast, but there is a warmth to it, too, sure as sunshine on the face of the sea. You haven’t been for some time. You are a king. These are your people, and you are theirs. It is as much rebuke as it is reassurance, and the bay twists an ear toward her, and straightens where he stands.

He says nothing as the queen speaks, only watching her with sorrow heavy in his heart. If she does not remember her love for him, he will have to love enough for both of them. Cirrus is right – his shoulders are stronger, now. He can carry the weight.

For a moment after she finishes his gaze lingers on Florentine, the ways her injuries have remade her, seen and unseen. And then he swallows, and faces those gathered, and speaks. “I am as grateful now for our healers as I have ever been. I am only sorry that there has been so much work for them of late.” Dark clouds still rim the horizon, silent threats despite the way the sun breaks through the sky above them. Even now, he knows, all manner of creatures are making their way to the hospital for treatment, and its beds have not been empty.

“And the work for all of us is not yet done. We’ve had no shortage of trials recently, have we? But if we continue to stand together, we will weather these storms – both the literal and the less so – as we have every other.” His dark-eyed gaze passes over all of them, known and unknown, but it is the faces of his friends he draws strength from, and tries to offer it back in measure. Marisol, Cyrene, Israfel, and those he is only growing to know – Felwood, Theodosia, Fiona – all of them he lingers on, all of them he is thankful for.

And then, briefly, he casts his gaze to the citadel, and inhales the scent of salt and brine swept in from the sea, of winter grass and brittle sunshine.

“This has been my home for two years now – the only true home I’ve ever known. I want it to be what it has been for me to anyone who seeks a place to belong. But I need your help – each of you – likely far more than you need me.” At the last his dark mouth twists into a wry smile, and he drips his head in a nod as he once more watches those gathered. “Please, do not hesitate approach me with your wants and your worries and your wishes. I will do with each of them the best I can.”

And then there is silence, but for the constant, soothing sound of the waves.

ooc: YA'LL ARE STUCK WITH ME NOW. jk. Florentine and Obsi have been so wonderful and I'm sorry to see Flora step down, though I know she deserves a break. Please, don't hesitate to PM me your ideas and thoughts - I have a few of my own I'd like to implement over the coming weeks, especially post SWP once we know where everything stands. 

I'd also like to place an emphasis on filling the champion positions - more on this later - and encouraging them to be active roles. To that end, I will reply to this thread again in 10+ days - if you currently hold a position of power or are interested in one, I'd gently recommend you reply. <3 you all, and look forward to raising Terrastella up further!

Messages In This Thread
RE: IMPORTANT - [MEETING] ~ When ages fall. - by Relic - 08-19-2018, 11:40 AM
RE: IMPORTANT - [MEETING] ~ When ages fall. - by Asterion - 08-19-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: IMPORTANT - [MEETING] ~ When ages fall. - by Valkyr - 08-19-2018, 12:03 PM
RE: IMPORTANT - [MEETING] ~ When ages fall. - by Auru - 08-19-2018, 05:52 PM
RE: IMPORTANT - [MEETING] ~ When ages fall. - by Asterion - 09-03-2018, 09:42 PM
RE: IMPORTANT - [MEETING] ~ When ages fall. - by Fiona - 09-04-2018, 04:14 PM