Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - leave me here a lil bit longer

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

rose-colored boy

It's always been the people that made Ipomoea enjoy traveling so much. That, as well as the sites, and the different terrains, and the excitement of not knowing where he was going, and the way he could always find something new and wondrous to marvel at - but especially the people. Their lives and their stories, their hopes and aspirations, their disappointments and their pain. He would never tire of meeting someone new, of puzzling out their similarities and differences. It's why he's more prone to ask a stranger for directions than to consult a map.

There is something about the woman's eyes when she turns to greet him, and the way she seems to look past his flesh and bones to peer down into his very soul. It's a queer feeling, but not altogether unpleasant; there's wisdom in those eyes, a gentleness and a wildness mixed together - and also a sadness. Her's are the kind of eyes that don't just look: they see. They know, and they understand. When he catches her gazing out across the market square, he can't help but think she's looking upon something entirely different, as if he and she were seeing two different versions of the same world.

And Ipomoea can't help but wonder if there's anything those blue eyes miss; could they see past lies and facades to expose the truth underneath? A shiver runs down his spine, and he thinks she could, if she tried. Ipomoea has nothing to hide - dishonesty simply isn't in his nature - but still he feels vulnerable beneath her gaze.

"Of course," she tells him, and "I could take you if you like," but her body sings a different tune than her voice. She beckons to him not with her words, but with her eyes and her steps and her horn, and it seems to Po that that is the song he should be singing along to.

So when she steps forward her finds himself matching her step for step, thus bringing their bodies closer. His smile is one of gratefulness - though he is unsure yet whether he should be thanking her for her help, or perhaps for something more. But he smiles nonetheless, and offers her his should to walk alongside each other.

"Lead the way."

hearts are breaking
wars are raging on
you’ve got me nervous
i’m at the end of my rope
hey, man, we can’t all be like you

i wish we were all rose-colored too
my rose-colored boy

@isra ! better late than never!
”here am i!“

empluvie art

Messages In This Thread