Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding}

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline RB [PM] Posts: 277 — Threads: 28
Signos: 180
Inactive Character

WITH SWORD AND SALT -

She smells the rain in the air and it is both a comfort and a terror. In the near-darkness, interrupted only by little slices of moonlight, the freckle of watching white stars, every one of them could be something else, if they wanted to - disappear easily enough into the almost black that Marisol almost does not feel self-conscious at the brush of Isra’s lips against her feathers.

Almost.

She looks at the Night Queen with huge gray eyes that have gone luminescent in the gloom. Almost she thinks she sees a smile on those dark lips, almost, almost, but even like this, rain-drunk, invisible, Marisol is not quite brave enough to say something, or to smile back; instead she blinks a swath of soft, dark lashes against her cheeks and folds her wing back against her ribs and turns her gaze down, down to the dark ground broken open beneath their feet.

Isra speaks and it echoes through Marisol’s whole body and into her bones. She knows the Night Queen’s name and her station - of course she does - but the introduction bypasses strangeness and takes them straight into knowing. Will you walk him home with me? Still with one knee bent into the dirt, Marisol meets her eyes and raises a brow ever so slightly, careful, unsure, wondering. 

Of course, she murmurs, and clambers to her feet.

The heart of Denocte glimmers over the hill, far far away, shining warm light against the night sky, and Marisol brushes a shoulder against Isra’s as she starts to walk.

<3

aimless | kokovi

[Image: ddg6quy-9d15dab5-339c-4b09-8b57-20a99fda...jvUop12efQ]

Messages In This Thread
Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 10-12-2018, 12:19 AM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 10-14-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 11-20-2018, 10:59 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Marisol - 12-01-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 12-03-2018, 11:01 PM