Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Court of Dreams

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nora

The strong pulse of drumming/cantering feet bleed optimism (rather than fear) into the naive heart of our fledgling princess. She, the jubilant one, is eager to prance onward, daring to strain the length of her unmeasured/unseen tether (and my agitated patience) with narrow legs that mimic those of an exuberant fawn. Her innocence hails that illuminated disruption with the embodiment of gullibility. My suspicion narrows on the stern, unyielding line of that false, glowing ridge. Since before sunset, those flushed blockades have contrived great blares of giddy, disrupting noise. When Miette darts forward (again) -with those wide, distracted eyes hardly seeming to notice my correction- I quicken beside her and maneuver the swallow with gentle, unargumentative nudges toward the rippled agitation of my lover, the eagle. “They excite her,” exasperation drips into the transparency of composure. Ears tilt, revealing a storm of unsettled emotion...even though the statement emerging from me is unwavering, “Devrions-nous voir?” Though his tongue has become more normal upon the tip of mine – the bias of preference is wholeheartedly ingrained.

”Pourrait être bon pour elle,” that admission is muttered in the undertow of a sucked breath as Miette tries once more to test the lead beyond his heavily feathered toes...her crystalline eyes reflect their flaming desire while babyish gums remain spread (ignorant to consequence) all the while. Doting and attentive we've stood as a shield/weapon against the danger(s) of our world…but this toddler is flourishing inside a fragile cocoon. True...there is naught pain or need. Her every whim is answered within moments – her every exploration is rewarding and full of delight. The idea of suffering is mythical to one of purity. Like frost upon leaves, eventually, the blanket of security would dissolve. With or without our consent. Ears swivel, listening for his answer...

...where the eagle would fly, in his shadow I will follow; his talons my merciful sanctuary. For as long as he'd tolerate me...

@Noah

[hover over text for a translation!]

credits

Messages In This Thread
The Court of Dreams - by Reichenbach - 06-28-2017, 01:33 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams - by Lothaire - 06-28-2017, 05:32 AM
RE: The Court of Dreams - by Camdis - 06-28-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: The Court of Dreams - by Florentine - 06-29-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: The Court of Dreams - by Nora - 06-29-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: The Court of Dreams - by Erynvale - 06-29-2017, 09:46 PM
RE: The Court of Dreams - by Noah - 06-30-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: The Court of Dreams - by Aislinn - 07-03-2017, 02:37 AM