Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - put an axe in my baby's head

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Veer

veer
It will stop your breath, how cruel I can be.
But you understand, don’t you?

H
ow different they are. She makes Veer feel like he's from another Solterra, one where only violent, wild things survive. He is a feral throw-back to the time where blood was money and war was nothing more than an art form and a religion. For a moment he misses his black ink, his feathers that were nothing more than another empty hole in the night sky. 

He turns from her, tucking away his disappointment. His gaze snags briefly on a stallion dressed black, walking through the center of the room as if he is a god. And suddenly this ballroom is too bright form him.

Veer wants to paint the walls in sin, he wants violence and fire and explosions. He wants chaos.

This time when he looks back at her there is pity in his gaze, something that looks broken to see the state of this world. “I had no idea the youth of the desert were so bound by rules.” The gold of his eyes flashes wicked as he remembers his youth being so very, very different than balls and glitz.

He is made of the sand, of gold and ore melted and poured into skin like masks of war. Veer's skin itches to think of it and he knows he should feel guilty. He knows he should feel remorse that day by day his home no longer feels like home but a cage. Most days he feels like a lion surrounded by sheep and wolves.

Najjad growls in agreement and a passing stranger spooks, drunk and foolish.

“Forgive me.”  Nothing in his tone sounds like it's asking to repent, to be anything but the beast that he is. Still, he doesn't ask her again to be anything but a stone and a bright dead thing. “Where shall the night take a tame child then?” Already he knows where midnight will take him and where the morning will find him.

There is very little that he leaves to chance and very little that he does not plan to take. After-all there is no church in the wild but him-- no church, no god. Little by little it's only the wilds are are starting to feel like home, only chaos.

Maybe Veer really is a black hole, hollow and raw and wanting.

Someday there will be nothing left for him to consume.

@Apolonia | "speaks" | notes: I forgot how to write him and I'm so sorry
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 12-05-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Veer - 12-09-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 12-21-2018, 10:02 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Veer - 01-01-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 01-08-2019, 05:13 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Veer - 01-19-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 02-18-2019, 12:04 AM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Veer - 03-01-2019, 12:10 AM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 03-08-2019, 11:41 PM