Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - put an axe in my baby's head

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Veer

veer
It will stop your breath, how cruel I can be.
But you understand, don’t you?

H
e wonders what she would say if he dove into that sea of dancers like a shark and consumed all their innocence with a smile. If he devoured the music and reshaped it, in the black hole of him, into something sung on rib-bones on a floor lined with bloody diamonds. He wonders if she would still seems like a dead thing, and if darkness would still dance in her eyes.

The thought hits him hard and Najjad flicks a wing against a horse who has wandered too close to him again. We could you know. Most of them are too drunk to run very fast. And oh how he wants to coat himself in ink and ash and watch the world dissolve into chaos and fear in the walls of his shadow.

But then he looks back at Apolonia and remembers that while he is a monster, he is not always a monster. At least not when it suits him.

So he only tries to smile when she turns away and looks back out the dancers. He tries not to think of violence and that black stallion walking along the far wall. He tries to think of anything besides how few secrets are hidden from him in this world and how she's too young, too innocent despite the way she stacks her shoulders like a stone.

Veer is not the right sort of stallion to deal with children.

Already he's starting to pull away and Najjad is already starting to look at the crowd with a spark in his eagle eyes. “No one alive.” In the end it cannot be said that he lied to her. Nor can it be said that there was anything but dark gold in his gaze when he meets that of the girl who is pretending to be a lamb. “And to think I thought you more clever than that.” The room seems a little darker when his smile fades and his feathers sing a little sweeter than the band when they start to drag across the marble floor.

He leaves without another word and turns his lion's hunger towards other things less dead, and less innocent. As Najjad pointed out not many of them can run very fast with all the liquor running through their veins.

It's not very sporting of him, but he also has never pretended to be kind.

@Apolonia | "speaks" | notes: I really do hate him
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 12-05-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Veer - 12-09-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 12-21-2018, 10:02 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Veer - 01-01-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 01-08-2019, 05:13 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Veer - 01-19-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 02-18-2019, 12:04 AM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Veer - 03-01-2019, 12:10 AM
RE: put an axe in my baby's head - by Apolonia - 03-08-2019, 11:41 PM