Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - In Our Nature

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

Sloane is a hard one to get to know, she has very few friends and she certainly isn’t one who makes them very easily. Sloane has always been an outsider, ever since she exited her mother’s womb she’s been on her own. No one has ever paid her any kindness, so she only sees it fitting that no one else be shown kindness either. Perhaps it is not the best way to live as it leaves her alone and bored much of her life. But what choice did she have? The world didn’t owe her a damn thing, so why would she do a simple kindness for the world?

She asks him what is in his cup as he offers it to her. She leans forward, letting her nose breathe in the contents. It burns her trachea and if she could curl her nose up at it, she would. It smelt harsh and she had a feeling it probably tasted much the same. His answer to her question was confirmation of that. It didn’t sound like a combination she might be willing to try.

He continues on, saying that the drink is magical and makes everything sound and feel better. She simply looks at him, curious if that was a feeling that she wanted to feel. If she were honest with herself, there had been times where she wished she could simply feel numb to the world, as though nothing bothered her. But then there was a part of her that feared that feeling. She might make a fool of herself and that was simply unacceptable.

Sloane is still weighing her options about drinking the mysterious drink when he makes a comment about someone being good. She’s only confused for a moment before she listens to the music playing in the background, the singer who’s demanding their attention. Eyes rest on the chestnut mare who’s voice is filling the hall. If she had been raised with even an ounce of love, she might have thought the singer beautiful. But unfortunately, Sloane had not been raised in such a loving environment. Anything that might seem good was only seen as nails on a chalkboard to her. “I suppose, if you actually liked and enjoyed singing.” Sloane was not a singer. Never was and most certainly never would be. She was the loner that no one really wanted to get to know. That was all her fault, mind you, but she didn’t care.

It was his second set of words that got her attention, her eyes resting on the half-full cup of alcohol. She pondered his offer to take a cup, her pondering probably taking far too long than socially acceptable. “Perhaps it’s best I didn’t.” She doesn’t necessarily mean to come off as rude, but she’s sure it does. “I don’t know if I want to turn into a blundering fool.” She pauses for a moment, an unnecessary pause. “Plus, you could have germs.” Sloane was not about to let herself get sick. She took great strides to maintain her health and she was not about to blow her carefulness for some cheap alcohol that could really be poison. “Or you might even poison me.” Sloane was never one to trust easily. Not everyone was out to try to kill her. Perhaps she should try to work on her people skills. Then again, this was just easier.

@Eik

Messages In This Thread
In Our Nature - by Eik - 12-14-2018, 02:42 AM
RE: In Our Nature - by Sloane - 01-01-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: In Our Nature - by Eik - 01-06-2019, 05:46 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Sloane - 01-08-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Eik - 01-11-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: In Our Nature - by Sloane - 01-13-2019, 05:59 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Eik - 02-20-2019, 08:25 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Sloane - 02-24-2019, 07:05 PM
RE: In Our Nature - by Eik - 03-16-2019, 05:29 PM