Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Trigger Warning  - a small crime & i've got no excuse

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Israfel [PM] Posts: 53 — Threads: 39
Signos: 0

A Reading,
Perhaps if the tent wasn't so dark the shed-star might has lifted up her own hollow checks into the candle light. Then she might have said that she too knows the horrors of exhaustion, of sleep, of nightmares.

Perhaps she would have looked at him and said, I know what darkness the stars can bring. Once she thought herself that darkness. Once she was young and stupid. Now she's only blind and old.

This time she doesn't shuffle the cards with a flourish. She shuffles them like a militant, quickly and plainly and the cards almost seem to cry ink tears for the harsh way she deals with them. For him she draws for and spreads them out, face up, so one is above and three are bellow. The top is the two of pentacles. Below there is the five of pentacles, the star and the father of swords.

Her voice sounds almost hollow and it's strange that her eyes blaze, grayish above the tense curl of her lips. “You are still here because change is still coming for you.” There is no doubt in her voice, only certainty. Her cards are truth.

“When it feels like nothing is left for you but sadness and worry change will come. And when that change finally comes you will either shed off your negativity like snake skin or you will never have anything to call your own but misery. Dare to want, dare to be something more than a horse with little life left in their heart.” A candle flickers at her side and the golden-glow catches on a patchwork of scars running across her neck.

“Leave my tent but not this world.” It's a command, but a gentle almost hopeful one.

@Anzhelo

Messages In This Thread
a small crime & i've got no excuse - by Anzhelo - 12-16-2018, 07:57 PM
RE: a small crime & i've got no excuse - by Official Night Account - 12-18-2018, 10:57 PM