Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - just gonna stand there and watch me burn

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

This place is far different than what he was ever used to. The people here live in homes with beds and doors and windows. He wonders briefly what it might be like to indulge in such material things. Would he enjoy it? Would it even be comfortable? There was something comforting about sleeping under the stars and amongst the earth that he so loved and cherished. He wondered if he might grow to like these things, or if his likes would be more suited for the life of a wandering. And yet, Rhone yearns for others. He desires companionship, friendship, perhaps even love should it find him. In order to have those things, he must adapt to this new life he was beginning…including beds and houses and windows and doors.

But there is a noise and it catches the bay’s attention. His eyes turn to rest on the female that approaches. He’s seen others as brightly colored as her, but it’s been some time. Most of those he’s encountered have been plain. Looking at himself, he must seem a boring shade of grey against her bright, bold colors. But he says nothing about these things, for that would be rude.

He turns to better face her, his solemn eyes falling on her own as she speaks her greeting. Her voice is soft, soothing even, and it reminds him of Ariannah. But he dare not dwell on that thought, for it was bound to make his heart ache. He was not here to draw attention to his aches and pains, but to meet new people and try to integrate himself into the life of Novus.

He steps closer to her and offers her a soft smile with a steady dip of his head in greeting. "Greetings." His words are gruff, speaking of his life of hardships and pain. And yet, there is a sense of hope buried within them. Hope that one day, he might be something great. "My name is Rhone." He tries to relax his body posture, trying his best no to appear threatening. He’s a small thing, taking after his mother’s side of the family. But even the tiniest of beings can be the mightiest of individuals. "I do hope I am not disturbing you or your court. I am nothing but a wanderer looking for a place to call home." He comes in peace. He might have been a king in his last home, but here, he’s just looking to survive. Perhaps fate had something else in store for her. Perhaps Brighton had something waiting for him if he could just be patient and trust him.

@Euryale

Messages In This Thread
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-03-2019, 10:00 PM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Rhone - 01-05-2019, 03:00 AM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-11-2019, 09:08 AM
RE: just gonna stand there and watch me burn - by Euryale - 01-20-2019, 08:50 AM