Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A PATH OF GLASS--

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Israfel [PM] Posts: 53 — Threads: 39
Signos: 0

A Sad End
The maze perhaps was too clever a beast for this mortal coil.

Perhaps it was born in dreams too surreal for a place with walls and magic that was long since tamed by gods and horses. The hedges are already turning back into wheat and flowers and other fragile things that bend and sway in the gentlest of breezes. Already the maze rejects the only two horses left to try to win its favor.

Maybe it is just the nature of things born from tricksters and dreamers and horses that turned to flowers and fires to balk at being tamed.

Isra, as she watches them from the shadows, reminds herself that she never said the maze was a gentle thing. She should have told them it was a beast, a thing born from the court that once always hid itself in the night behind a shroud of mountains.

(and when she thinks of what monsters horses can be she's almost glad that she helped create such a wild thing as this maze)

When the golden and the black ribbonss are pulled nothing happens at first. In fact the entire maze seems to hold its breath. Even the night insects quiet their songs to nothing more than whispers that could be nothing more than the soft hush of Isra's breaths in the shadows. The wind stops. The ribbons stop waiving like flags.

It's almost as it time stops.

But then---

Then all but one of the ribbons turn back to burlap that looks like it's been dragged up from a sunken ship's sails.

The only ribbon that remains is the twilight one. That ribbon alone dances in wind that starts once more to whip through the night. It's almost teasing, the way that it dances more gracefully that any night moth could dream of dancing. Everything about it seems to say, You should have chosen me, I am what dreams and magic are made of.

But neither of them chose correctly and they are left with only burlap and brine on their tongues.

Isra sighs and turns away.

The maze starts to collapse just as the sun promises to rise and even that too seems surreal.

@Shrike @Toulouse

THE END

I am so sorry that the roll gods hated this maze so much D: Thank you so much for participating in it <3 I had a blast writing it.

I've sent you both another 100 signos for making it all the way to the final part of the maze that refused to be won.

Messages In This Thread
A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Official Night Account - 01-03-2019, 10:51 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Shrike - 01-06-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Toulouse - 01-18-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Official Night Account - 01-25-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Shrike - 01-30-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Toulouse - 02-03-2019, 05:32 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Official Night Account - 02-11-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: A PATH OF GLASS-- - by Toulouse - 03-07-2019, 03:05 PM