Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Never smile at a crocodile

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

The boy isn’t phased by her standoffish demeanor.  No, Pan had dealt with all types before, and his response is always the same – to disarm them with his charm.  He is a gentle beast, and finds no need to be threatening or provocative.  Instead, the scaled child tends to be a calming presence, disarming even the most guarded of beasts.  Surely, she would see he meant no harm to her, the land, or even the plant.  Ignoring his bristling tone, he thrusts the book toward her once more.  It says this plant has healing powers… that it can be used to heal, or to provide energy if you’re feeling weak.  He walks around the desert mare, looking her over and noting the scars of battle which cross her dusky pelt.  Perhaps a warring nation would appreciate such things… If we find some, I should like to take a bit to make a healing salve… and you could collect some too, for use in your next battle.

He grins to the mare, bowing his head in a sign of respect, sending tendrils of creamy white down across his wide and bright eyes.  I’m Pan, by the way… and I’m a healer.  I’m happy to help this place too, if you need to have a healer you can call for.  I don’t like to see anyone hurting.  It seemed to the boy that in war-states, there were always more fighters than healers.  Perhaps his services could be useful to Solterra.  And speaking of… Who is Solis?  Is he in charge around here?  There is a genuine curiosity in his voice, for the boy is always one for stories, and for learning.  The name was mildly familiar, of course – for once, he had worshiped the sun god on the mountain.  Once, he had known the lore of this place.  But that, like many of his memories, was now lost to time.  Still, the boy knows to be reverent to the gods, and he would most certainly like to pay his respect to the sun god once more, if only he knew the decorum.  

As for the desert… Why wouldn’t the desert forgive me?  I’ve done nothing wrong. and he hadn’t.  The boy was simply a vagrant passing through, and as all the places he’d been, the child has a great appreciation for the beauty of Solterra.  Deep within his satchel are memories he’s collected – sand from the Mors Desert, a vial of crystal water from the lagoon, and now – a cactus thorn from this land.  He sighs, perhaps a bit whimsically, and stares out over the desolate landscape.  It’s beautiful, isn’t it…  For the desert held its own appeal, and even the water colt could appreciate it.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Efphion

Messages In This Thread
Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 01-20-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Efphion - 01-22-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 01-23-2019, 04:20 AM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Efphion - 03-01-2019, 07:56 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 03-09-2019, 05:15 AM