Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Never smile at a crocodile

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Efphion

Psycho

Efphion jerked her head in response to him thrusting the book towards her again. He insisted that the plant had healing properties and that he was a healer. He tried to appeal to her nature by stating that it could be used for her next battle. He went so far as to offer his services to her. Effy was reluctant to admit that she was softening in response to him. It seemed he really wanted this weird plant. She refrained from smiling at him, although she wanted to. Effy wasn't about to risk her image for a stranger. "Right. So you're one of those... equines with plant knowledge? Alright. Next time I find myself in a brawl, which is often, I'll be calling for you personally. In fact, if you become my personal healer, I'll help you find whatever weird plant you want from Solterra." Effy proposed to the scaled man.

She couldn't help the laugh that spilled from her charcoal lips when he asked if Solis was in charge. In a way, Solis was. Effy would not admit that she melted at his question. "Solis is the God of the Day Court. He is the Sun. And I am The Wrath of the Sun." Effy warned him, but her tones had softened noticeably. This wasn't like her at all, she was not one to soften, let alone melt for a stranger. His next question was almost as endearing as his question about the identity of Solis. He wondered why the desert would not forgive him. Effy's smile appeared then, but it was dark. It carried a with it a warning. "Deserts are unforgiving. They do not promote life, as the plains do. They do not sustain life the way that seaside ecosystems do. The Desert is a harsh, unyielding place that will consume anyone who cannot adapt to it. It will consume those that do. The desert will kill anyone that does not know what it takes to survive. It will either drain the hydration from your flesh, or it will freeze you when night falls. Those unprepared for such dangers will perish." Her voice carried the weight of danger in it. But she knew how treacherous a desert could be.

What surprised her almost as much about this beast, was his admiration for the desert. Admiration and respect were not mutually exclusive though, and part of her wanted him to succeed. Even if that was for her own gain, there was something unique about him. He quieted the wrath inside, instead of feeding it. "Yes, It is." She agreed with him, and then began to walk into the desert. Effy was going to lead him to the last place she saw this stupid plant. She would never care for them, it wasn't in her nature. "This way."

"Speech"

@Pan
Sorry if this isn't great ;__;

Faithful

Messages In This Thread
Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 01-20-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Efphion - 01-22-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 01-23-2019, 04:20 AM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Efphion - 03-01-2019, 07:56 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 03-09-2019, 05:15 AM