Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Never smile at a crocodile

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

As Efphion asks if he was an equine with plant knowledge, he nods solemly and carefully tucks his thick book back away in his satchel.  Relaxing some when the mare lets her guard down (though ever so slightly), he offers her a half smile.  I am happy to help, and to heal for you. he repeats.  You just call for Pan, and I’ll come.  Promise.  The boys eyes are earnest as they meet hers, filled with an optimistic sort of promise that only a child can muster.  There is trust within them too, for Pan has no reason to question the mare, drawing her every word in as gospel truth.

When she speaks of Solis, something clicks in his mind.  Solis.  He’d heard the name before.  Long ago, he’d worshiped on the mountain, calling to the sun god with Inkheart and offering him gifts.  I shall say a word of thanks to Solis then, next time I’m on the mountain.  For he knew not to mess with the gods.  Whispering a silent prayer in his mind, he thanked Solis for safe passage in this land, and for helping them to find the plants.  Only then does he turn back toward Effy’s voice and warning.

I’ll be careful, in the desert, I mean… and don’t worry, I brought plenty of snacks in case there isn’t a lot to eat around here.  As if illustrating the point, he draws forth a half of an apple, offering it to the mare as he falls into an easy pace beside her.  Onward they march, into the desert kingdom as she leads him toward the mythical Nightdew Agave.

They continued for what seemed like hours (though truly, their journey was far shorter… Pan was simply eager to get there and the time seemed to crawl past), before stumbling upon the plant deep in the canyon.  It was magnificent.  As the sun began to set on the canyon, large vibrant blooms opened to the night.  They seemed to almost glow with hues of lively orange and pink, and for a moment, Pan can only stand in awe of such a specimen.  The stalk of the Agave reached toward the heavens, taller even than he, and at its base was a wide swath of barbed leaves.  Stepping closer, he walked around the plant a few times to survey it, not wanting to take more than he needed from its bounty.  Only once he’d fully inspected the agave does he turn back to his companion with an excited rush to his words.

Isn’t it a beauty?  Wow…  For a moment, Pan is lost for words.  The flowers are the true value for a healer, but the spiky leaves can be helpful too.  Do you have a knife or something?  I don’t want to take much, but perhaps we can cut a few pieces loose and save them for healing.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Efphion

Messages In This Thread
Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 01-20-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Efphion - 01-22-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 01-23-2019, 04:20 AM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Efphion - 03-01-2019, 07:56 PM
RE: Never smile at a crocodile - by Pan - 03-09-2019, 05:15 AM