Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - bent, but also broken

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

it's breaking up my bones

His heart felt ready to burst in the time it took between landing and her answering. It was racing inside of his chest, skipping painfully fast, twisting and lurching as if it was in the middle of a fight, or perhaps running away from one. He wasn’t sure why he was moved to such concern for her - nor did he have a chance to stop and question it. Perhaps he simply knew how it felt, to be knocked out of the sky and fall so far to the ground.

Of course, his fall had been more metaphorical in nature; but that had not made it hurt any less. So he rushes to her without thinking, only hoping without words.

But the way she looks at him, and tosses her head with a pride he once knew, cuts right through him. Aion skids to a stop, allowing his wings to drift like broken things at his sides, quivering with light that illuminated his face and her’s with a soft yellow. ”The gods must have seen fit to preserve me,” she says, as if he should have already known. But he’s not one for being pious - how could he, when the gods had let so much of his life fall to pieces?

“Well it’s a good thing they eased your fall for you,” he retorts back, folding up his wings with a huff. Sarcasm drips from his voice - he can see the way her right wing droops, twisted and gruesome. ’That bone ought not to be there,’ he finds himself thinking, his lips twisting into a frown. He can’t help but stare, with a sort of morbid curiosity, as silence stretches between them.

He tears his gaze from her wing, about to fly away, when her voice breaks through his thoughts again.

”I’m Ianthe.”

He turns back, his blue eyes searching her face, trying to gauge her thoughts from her expression. “I am Aion.”

He gestures to her wing. “I can take a look at that, if you’d like. I know a thing or two of broken wings.”

Of course, the last time his wing had been broken, he’d cut it off, and it had taken years for the new ones - the ones of light - to take the place of the old ones. But he’d studied since then, and learned that some broken things are worth fixing.

@ianthe !
walk. "talk."
aimless art

Messages In This Thread
bent, but also broken - by Ianthe - 02-08-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: bent, but also broken - by Aion - 02-11-2019, 12:16 AM
RE: bent, but also broken - by Ianthe - 02-11-2019, 11:00 PM
RE: bent, but also broken - by Aion - 03-27-2019, 06:32 PM
RE: bent, but also broken - by Ianthe - 04-01-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: bent, but also broken - by Aion - 04-02-2019, 12:32 AM
RE: bent, but also broken - by Ianthe - 04-22-2019, 06:41 PM
RE: bent, but also broken - by Aion - 06-05-2019, 02:32 PM