Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - in dreams he came

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

When he agrees to live with her, Katniss can almost feel herself let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding. She wasn’t sure why she had been so nervous that he wouldn’t accept her offer, but she had. Perhaps she wasn’t sure if he wanted to take things so quickly. In her mind, she had waited far too long to even share her feelings towards Metaphor. It had almost cost her their relationship. She was unwilling to do the same again. So this time, she would have to trust her gut and continue forward. No longer would she hold back from him. She would give him her everything.

She leaned into his soft caresses, feeling the way he so easily helped her to relax. This was her home, Metaphor was her home. “It suits me well enough. I want you to put your own touches on it too. After all, this will be our home.” What did not quite have the courage to say was that she hoped this would be a home to a future child. Katniss was just beginning to feel ready to embark on that journey again.

As the conversation turns towards Finnick, the large harpy eagle looks at Metaphor for a moment before he looks to Katniss. “Do you trust him?” Katniss offers him a nod. “He was injured in a fight with another bird. His wing was injured, but I think most of his injuries are too his leg.” There was a gash along the birds limb, reddened and hardened with dried blood. While Katniss had tried her best to clean the wounds, she admittedly did not have the same healing powers as Metaphor did.

She asked of Keres, knowing the little fox had meant a great deal to Metaphor. His thoughts that the fox should be fine was comforting, although she knew he missed him as he would his own right hand. She nuzzled him softly, returning the kind sentiment. “You will see him again. I know you will.” She might not know when they would meet again, but she had to have faith that they would be reunited.

Eyes looked up at the orb, watching as it glowed quietly in the room, lighting it up with a soft sort of glow. It brought a smile to her lips as she leaned next to him in an almost comforting way. “You will like it here. Isra is a kind soul - fair and she loves to tell stories. I was weary of her at first, but she has grown on me.” She remember the first time she met Isra in the lighting storm, showing her the pool of warmth deep in a cave as they rode out the storm. It was there that she had first met the story-teller. She had been skeptical at first, but with each passing day, she grew to understand the mare a little bit more. “Asterion, king of the Dusk Court, is also a kind soul.” Asterion had been one individual that she could have seen herself happy with one day. But now that she had Metaphor back within her grasps, Asterion would be nothing but a great friend - one she hoped to continue to see as the days wore on.

@Metaphor

Messages In This Thread
in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-11-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-16-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-17-2019, 06:13 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-21-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-24-2019, 09:56 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-28-2019, 09:46 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-28-2019, 06:26 PM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 03-16-2019, 06:36 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 03-26-2019, 05:03 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 04-02-2019, 06:42 AM