Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Strangers in the night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court warrior

I
t was strange, this world of civilization.  He was right – living in a city would be a first for Mephisto.  Though she’d lived in herds before, it had always been in the wilds.  As she stepped over cobbled streets, she had to wonder who’d had such an idea, to build a place where the setting sun met the cliffs.  There was something organized and almost militaristic about the way the buildings rose against the dusk, tiny lights flickering within… and Mephisto was instantly curious, wanting to know more about those who build structures and gathered for a purpose outside of survival.

I suppose it’s obvious I have not.  While I’ve heard of such things as temples and roads, this is the first place I’ve been which has such structure.  She wondered absentmindedly as they walked, if they would accept her in a place like this – if she would ever be able to fit in or find a place in the hierarchy.  While it didn’t bother her to be an outsider, there is a piece of Mephisto’s wandering soul that aches for camaraderie once more… and for the first time since arriving to Novus, she begins to doubt if she could truly assimilate to such a different life.

I have never known a god, so this will be something new for me… to worship and pay homage to something other than the wilderness.  Pausing as if considering, she nods at Asterion’s words.  A trip to the library would probably be a benefit.  Chewing thoughtfully on her lip, the dark Pegasus wonders if she should offer her services here or not.  Already, she’d made up her mind to stay.  Though they weren’t overly friendly, they also weren’t chasing her from this world… so she knew she’d need to earn their trust, in one way or another.  Drawing a breath to steady herself, the warg added:

I suppose there is an order to your world… where would you have me, should I stay?  Blunt, and to the point.  But Mephisto had never been one to mince words.  She needed to know where she stood with them, before she would go any further.

@Asterion @Marisol

rallidae

Messages In This Thread
Strangers in the night - by Mephisto - 02-17-2019, 03:13 AM
RE: Strangers in the night - by Marisol - 02-17-2019, 03:17 PM
RE: Strangers in the night - by Mephisto - 02-18-2019, 11:27 AM
RE: Strangers in the night - by Asterion - 02-23-2019, 08:05 PM
RE: Strangers in the night - by Mephisto - 02-25-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Strangers in the night - by Marisol - 02-25-2019, 01:22 PM
RE: Strangers in the night - by Asterion - 02-26-2019, 11:27 AM
RE: Strangers in the night - by Mephisto - 02-26-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: Strangers in the night - by Marisol - 03-10-2019, 12:08 PM