Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - ' ' you and me and all other people *

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 243 — Threads: 27
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Moira Tonnerre
i will burn and burn and burn again, and you will come home safely
There is a hidden, rueful grin at the corner of that solemn mouth that has been too flat from frowning in private chambers where her people would not see. A dark look rolls like a storm in those firestorm eyes as she pauses his portrait and looks to the skies that might someday hold her in their arms as the sea holds Asterion's heart, his destiny. After a pause, a beat of her heart, a breath shared between them, she meets his chocolate eyes to drown. They are as depthless as the nights she has come to love so dearly. "I never earned their love," she says simply. It is a mantra, a quiet truth she knows to be true. Oh, they respected her. But the benevolent and lovely Moira Tonnerre never really belonged to a people who still hold part of her heart in a vicelike grip, strong enough to strangle her still.

He looks at her as she does the history painted and carved on Tonnerre walls: intent and evenly. There is nothing he will miss on her tonight, not from the rise of her brows when he speaks to the fall of her eyes. Along her high cheeks a blush rises, but she is ashamed of herself rather than any of Asterion's actions. Those last few words - they are her undoing as Caine's apology was her undoing.

"I want you-"

it is as true a confession as she has ever given. Her throat tightens as she realizes again and again all that she has to lose. Him. It's all led her to him. From searching for a home, to finding a house and breaking it window by window. Rot crawls along the walls, ivy chokes rose bushes planted so carefully when he loved another.

The phoenix clears her throat, she sheds her embarrassment and shame and every chance that this will go south. Taller and taller she seems to stand, squaring up to him not as a shy girl afraid to make a friend, but as a woman before a man ready to serve her heart as the main course. "I choose you Asterion. There is so much of me you do not know, and so much of you I have hurt with what I've done. In every little bit of my life, I chose you over and over and could never admit it to myself."

Moira feels like she cannot get enough air, she feels herself falling and flying. By her sides, wings rustle boldly, stretch wide and arc up before settling at her side. "There are many things I fear, and perhaps I've made too many mistakes, but I choose you and I won't give up. I..." seconds seem to slow as her eyes widen.

Can he hear how loudly her heart beats?

Moira steps forward, leans close so they are cheek to cheek and her hair hides her from the world. "I am not afraid anymore, you give me courage. I love you, Asterion, King of Terrastella and the first to hold my heart."

Her body is warm and she feels a hive of bees buzzing within her. Did she really just say that? Now, there is no turning back (but she would not even if she could). Instead, she pulls away. Peels her skin from his skin until they are no longer one, but two bodies face to face. "You don't have to answer, you don't have to say anything. Somehow, some way, I will show you the apologies and explain what I can in time."

So the lamb becomes a wolf, smiling as something she never was before - in love.

@Asterion | "moira" | notes: 8I we won't apologize <3

Messages In This Thread
' ' you and me and all other people * - by Moira - 04-18-2019, 02:02 AM
RE: ' ' you and me and all other people * - by Asterion - 04-22-2019, 06:06 PM
RE: ' ' you and me and all other people * - by Asterion - 04-23-2019, 04:04 PM
RE: ' ' you and me and all other people * - by Asterion - 04-27-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: ' ' you and me and all other people * - by Asterion - 05-03-2019, 03:13 PM
RE: ' ' you and me and all other people * - by Moira - 05-08-2019, 08:28 PM
RE: ' ' you and me and all other people * - by Asterion - 05-14-2019, 10:50 PM