Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - I Won't Soothe Your Pain

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 99 — Threads: 13
Signos: 1,000
Inactive Character

let our eyes show the 
fire in our hearts tonight

She spends most of her time patrolling.

The air up above Terrestella is winter-chilled even through her armor, sneaking in between the chinks of the iron, but she grits her teeth and continues to soar above the land she calls home -- there is no time to surrender to her discomfort, no leeway to breathe when it feels as though war is looming around every corner.

She feels as though she is drowning beneath the weight of duty and obligation, beneath the new tasks of her title, and she is barely treading water between the Halcyon patrols and trying desperately to take control of the land troops that they have precious few of. The wound still healing on her flank aches in the winter cold, sending chills clawing up her backbone every time the muscle flexes.

She catches sight of a figure below her, and when she adjusts her wings to drift downwards in a slow spiral, she begins to make out snatches of detail that she recognizes as the resident Champion of Healing. She folds her wings fully so that her lazy spiral begins a dive, landing a few feet away from the man and trotting the last few steps towards him as her wings fold against her barrel.

“Atreus,” She greets him as she stops short just a foot away, the metal of her armor rattling slightly, and her head is cocked slightly to the side. “It’s a cold day to be out gathering supplies -- would you like some help?”

credits

@Atreus

she wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword.

Messages In This Thread
I Won't Soothe Your Pain - by Atreus - 04-22-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: I Won't Soothe Your Pain - by Theodosia - 05-01-2019, 07:57 PM
RE: I Won't Soothe Your Pain - by Atreus - 05-05-2019, 05:16 AM
RE: I Won't Soothe Your Pain - by Theodosia - 06-08-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: I Won't Soothe Your Pain - by Atreus - 06-30-2019, 07:22 AM
RE: I Won't Soothe Your Pain - by Theodosia - 07-04-2019, 02:33 PM