Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - if i were a painting

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Fiona

"there are always flowers for those who want to see them"

Fiona was drawn from her mental bubble by an unfamiliar voice, and glanced up to see a woman she had noticed around the court but had not yet met officially. A bright smile curled up the corners of her lips and she nodded her head, indicating that Corrdelia was free to take the seat at her side. As the woman introduced herself and her companion, a crow it appeared, Fiona pulled a second piece of parchment toward her, poising her pen over it.

I am Fiona, Champion of Community. It’s wonderful to meet you Corrdelia, she wrote upon the paper in her soft script, pausing a moment before continuing, I was born mute. Writing such a thing used to seem second nature to Fiona, like it was just a part of her. Like saying she breathed, or loved sunshine and spring flowers. Now, it felt like an apology. That was a soreness inside her that lingered after the floods, like the memory of pain and blood.

The lilac and ivory woman was grateful for the change in subject, however, as her new companion asked what she was thinking about drawing. Fiona looked back to the first sheet of paper before her, at the early stages of sketching stretched across it. It was a view she loved, one she had seen many times before and needed no reference to draw. Praistigia Cliffs at dawn, she responded.

What about you? Are you much of an artist? Fiona loved to draw, had been doing so ever since she was a girl. Her heart ached less for all the sketches and finished pieces she had lost in the fire, she could never lose the memories behind them, but she thought those feeling would remain for awhile. But at least she was here, building her collection back up again. Perhaps one day she will have filled the empty spaces with new ones.

Writing.

@Corrdelia
credits

Messages In This Thread
if i were a painting - by Fiona - 04-26-2019, 02:14 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Corrdelia - 05-12-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Fiona - 05-14-2019, 02:53 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Corrdelia - 05-19-2019, 07:49 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Fiona - 08-14-2019, 10:05 AM
RE: if i were a painting - by Corrdelia - 08-21-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Fiona - 09-03-2019, 12:00 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Corrdelia - 09-05-2019, 10:02 PM