Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - if i were a painting

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Fiona

"there are always flowers for those who want to see them"

Fiona had grown up used to other’s pity. As a filly, other children had often left her out of things and adults would give her that look that she quickly grew adept at avoiding. Not only because of her inability to speak, but as a girl whose mother had left her when she had been so young. It had been a long time since she’d experienced that sort of attention, but she supposed it couldn’t be helped by someone who did not already know her.

Coupled with her feelings in the aftermath of the floods, however, the pity stung more than she remembered it having done as a filly. She wouldn’t hold it against the other woman however, in time she’d no doubt see that Fiona was as capable as any other regardless of not having a physical voice.

Fiona took a moment to add more detail to her sketch while Corrdelia talked, nodding in agreement to her assessment of the cliffs. They really were quite picturesque, and at sunrise the early morning light slanted low across the water from the east, leaving streaks of red and orange on the surface of the ocean. But when her companion pulled out a rolled up paper and spread it open. She didn’t quite know what to think of the artwork before her, and as the woman began to explain Fiona only grew more confused.

Third eye? Spirit realm? Fiona had no idea what tarot was, or what the pegasus was going on about. She knew about oracles and seers, predictions of the future and such things, was this a similar concept? I’ve never heard of it, no, Fiona wrote.

She remembered when she’d met Atreus at the festival in Denocte people talking of something like this. A strange old woman reading cards in one of the tents set up outside the markets. Fiona had certainly never considered herself more realistic than idealistic but she wasn’t sure what she thought of it all. To tell the truth, the last thing she wished to think about right now was any sort of heavy message, real or not. What do you intend to make now? perhaps, if anything, she could steer the subject away from such things.

Writing.

@Corrdelia super late wow
credits

Messages In This Thread
if i were a painting - by Fiona - 04-26-2019, 02:14 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Corrdelia - 05-12-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Fiona - 05-14-2019, 02:53 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Corrdelia - 05-19-2019, 07:49 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Fiona - 08-14-2019, 10:05 AM
RE: if i were a painting - by Corrdelia - 08-21-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Fiona - 09-03-2019, 12:00 PM
RE: if i were a painting - by Corrdelia - 09-05-2019, 10:02 PM