Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - through their veins in ice and fire [winter]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

I
sra didn't call it naivety, but that's what it was to Morrighan. They all danced and laughed and had a grand ol' time while the one they called Raum was plotting chaos around them. It was only a matter of time until a real war broke out and they wouldn't be smiling any longer. To her, this was a time to prepare, not a time to be goofing off. She shook her head.

The way Isra spoke of the moon and hope made her eyes roll. She knew many in her time who worshipped the moon and saw it as more than just a floating orb in the sky. To her, it was just that, something floating in the sky. Nothing more special than that. It didn't hear you when you spoke, it didn't give a shit. She had always thought those who spoke differently were having one too many hallucinogens and Isra was beginning to sound the same way.

Then the woman posed a question after seeing the trail of smoke from her hoof. Did she believe in magic? Morrighan snorted. Of course she did, it was the Gods that she felt skeptical about. They, whoever they were in either realm, had turned on her. Perhaps Caligo had been responsible for the return of some power here. She had certainly felt… something back during that snow storm. As much as she wanted to believe she imagined it, there had been something about the statue that didn't sit with her the right way. Then shortly after, here she was, able to wield fire again, although nothing near as grand as her former self.

Seeing the stone path turn to wood made her eyes hungry. She felt tempted to set the path ablaze, but she knew that her magic was no longer that powerful. All she could manage was a quick burst of flame only to disappear with a puff of smoke. The only marks left would be from her hooves burning into the wood grain, turning it from shades of brown to charcoal black. Her eyes narrowed.

"Of course I do. There was a time I could set this whole place on fire with a stomp of my foot. Now…" She was weak, vulnerable. The words felt like acid on her tongue. "Well, whatever brought me here took my magic with it. It's slowly coming back, but it's not the same." She didn't speak of the snow storm and the kid or the Caligo statue. That wasn't important. Plus, she didn't want to hear about Caligo's blessing or whatever since she was still skeptical.

"So, what, your ability is turning things into wood?" Morrighan asked, her lips curving into a smirk. It was partly a challenge but she was also curious what true abilities her queen possessed.

@Isra

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
through their veins in ice and fire [winter] - by Isra - 05-03-2019, 09:57 PM
RE: through their veins in ice and fire [winter] - by Morrighan - 05-04-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: through their veins in ice and fire [winter] - by Isra - 05-06-2019, 09:57 PM
RE: through their veins in ice and fire [winter] - by Morrighan - 05-10-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: through their veins in ice and fire [winter] - by Isra - 05-14-2019, 11:53 AM
RE: through their veins in ice and fire [winter] - by Morrighan - 05-19-2019, 07:31 PM
RE: through their veins in ice and fire [winter] - by Isra - 05-22-2019, 10:23 PM
RE: through their veins in ice and fire [winter] - by Morrighan - 05-26-2019, 04:17 PM