Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Fire Finds a Home in Me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Eyes watch as  Isra begins to turn their home into something straight out of a fairytale book. She can see the ash and still burning wood into columns of marble and stone. Her eyes watch with awe as the area around her turns into something far grander than it was before. Raum could not steal away their happiness. He could not take away the thing that all Night Court citizens had. Their devotion to their court and to their queen was something that could never be taken from them and Katniss knows this all too well. She has the same feeling of hope and faith. Despite all that has happened, there is something that will never snuff the light of hope that she feels deep within her chest. That feeling is here to stay and she will now unleash that feeling and allow it to consume everything around her.

When Isra demands her to be their champion, Katniss knows she already is. She is already a beacon of hope for a future far better than this one. She nods her head with only the slightest of nods. Katniss understands her duty and she knows that in the immediate moments following this great tragedy, she has to step up for her people.

She says nothing to Isra as she turns her back on her queen. And as she begins to step away, she pauses. Neck arches around to lay her eyes on Isra, Finnick still laying quietly on her back. The moment their gaze meets, there’s nothing that needs to be said. She knows Isra will understand this moment, even if there are no words said. What needed to be said? They were both great warriors and they both knew what needed to be done. Isra needed to be their queen and she needed to be their protector. She wouldn’t waste a moment longer talking about the what ifs. She would use this precious time to do as she said she would do - to prepare the army and usher people into the city.

Back turns towards Isra and she begins to walk away, the smoke and ash consuming her as she slips into the thick of it. No more words are spoken but her actions speak far louder than any words that she could ever form from her own lips. Her heart swells to know that Isra is home, but at the same beat, it hurts for all that has been lost. There is a fire burning deep within her soul and it was time to set itself ablaze.

@Isra - A closer since we’ve moved onto happier things.

Messages In This Thread
The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Katniss - 05-08-2019, 05:11 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Isra - 05-14-2019, 12:48 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Katniss - 05-31-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Isra - 06-14-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Katniss - 06-24-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 02:05 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 09:35 AM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Isra - 07-13-2019, 06:14 PM