Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Entering Dusk

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Had Bel been aware of the eye in the sky, she might be far more self conscious about her few stumbles as she made her way through the fields - in utter truth she was far out of her element here, among the earthen grounds. Where was the sand that eased her steps. The water the made her awkward steps a graceful dance? Oh what a sight she must make to that sky bound eye - thankfully she wasn't aware that her presence had been noticed - and watched by the gull above - and her existence announced to another - the one she'd approached the lands to find.

Mind you, not in any attempts to woo or other form of fancy - but for the status he held. He was Triton . . . . er, King? of these lands, and it was these lands, this Pod . . . herd . . . group she hoped to find home with. But as a white shape from above - a creature she'd overlooked well enough earlier - swooped down, her eyes alit upon what appeared to be an approaching brown figure - still far enough in the distance.

But as she started to more firmly make out the creature approaching - a white splash on his withers now taking shape into the gull, and his form more notably equine, rather than something less familiar. However, he was still different to Below Zero's eyes. Much of this world was tho. So used to fellows with tails like her own, variety of fins and protective horns adorning skulls . . . the creatures of Novus with their dense pelts, their muscular forms, their long manes and tails. They seemed so foreign to her.

Sure, beneath the smooth layer of blubber beneath her own silky, singular layered coat, she was built fairly similar, her skeleton being near identical if not for the horns and the extension of her spine into a tail . . . but beyond that, she was aware of all the differences. She wasn't like the others here. Water vapors continued to release around her spine, the temperature shifting into a much, much colder temperature, misting over her form with the weight the cold, cold vapors held until it felt like the more comfortable temperature of the deep sea, relaxing what had been quickly approaching thoughts of anxiety and fear.

Starting of somewhere new was always hard. Going from water to land made it even more so. Still her posture remained on the defensive - a slight shift in her stance that spoke of her readiness to bolt the first moment trouble rose it's fanged features. Until that point, however, she remained watching with a weariness, standing still as the approaching male slowed to a walk, looking her over with the usual curiosity she'd started to see from what she considered the locals of Novus. Her primary set of eyes focused on him, while the smaller, secondary set seemed to keep an eye on their surroundings, keeping her aware of any trouble that might even prepare to sneak up from behind her.

Sure, she doubted that a shark might come up from behind her at any moment while on land, but old habits died hard, and keeping a constant look out for dangers while on the swim had saved her scales more than once - even if she didn't actually have any scales. The male finally speaks, curling his muzzle towards his chest, even as he kept his eyes on her. Instantly the greeting is returned, though perhaps a touch more formal as she came to realize she was likely approached by the King indeed.

One hoof curled beneath her, the other extending out as her head tucked to her chest, giving a much more direct view of the cartilage-thick fin that raced down her spine from her forehead to half the length of her tail. That same tail shifted, curving around her body, the fluke twisting faintly to be perpendicular with the ground rather than the usual parallel placement. She lifted from the bow as he spoke in greeting, her dual set of eyes both focusing on him for a moment, as she afford an extremely shy and uncertain smile in return to the welcome, "Hello . . . . Uh, Thank you . . . for the welcome, I mean."

Bel felt like banging her forehead against coral, she had practiced an entire speech of 'hi, this is who I am', and here she was babbling like an awkward fry! She shifted awkwardly from forehoof to forehoof as she silently berated herself at her horribly awkward greeting, before she found her rhythm - kinda, "I apologize, that sounded . . . ." She paused, pulling a self-deprecating face in explanation for just how foolish that had come across as, "Uhm, my name is Bel, well Below Zero, but I prefer Bel . . . less of a mouthful. I'm here, er; that is I"m looking for the King, uhm . . . of this Court . . . I'm guess - er, I mean . . . That is you, isn't it?" At this point, she'd gained a half plea to her tone, as if his answer to it being him will solve all of her awkward issues.

Water vapors trailed off of her, twisting through the air briefly before resettling against her pelt with their frigid temperature, as she fought to let herself relax a touch more - having worked herself into such an awkward state of half panic over her inability to properly explain who she was, and why she was here. She'd had it rehearsed, for Davy's sake! She buried the desire to shake her head at herself, and instead returned her gaze to the bay before her, letting the vapors of water settling against her skin soothe her better than her own thoughts could manage, and with a slight sigh, she tried again, "Oh, fish food, let me try this again. My name is Bel, and I'm looking for the Trit- er, King of Dusk Court, Asterion. If that isn't you, could you take me to him, and if that is you, please don't let my earlier introduction murk up any opinion of me."

She paused, feeling like she'd missed something, before both sets of eyes seemed to widen almost comically, "Oh, and I'm here because I'm looking for a new Pod . . . And was hoping to find a home in Dusk Court . . . And, again, I'm sorry for how much of a guppy I must seem at this point . . . I'm still finding my fins about this place, it's been quite the awakening experience leaving the water." She added, that shyness back now as her dual gaze dropped to the ground at her hooves, as she tried to explain away her horrendous behavior. Clearly she wasn't part lionfish, she just hoped she hadn't immediately ruined any chance at a home with her less than perfect introduction.

Thoughts
Speech
Tagging: @Asterion

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Entering Dusk - by Below Zero - 05-20-2019, 08:16 PM
RE: Entering Dusk - by Asterion - 05-22-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: Entering Dusk - by Below Zero - 05-22-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: Entering Dusk - by Asterion - 05-24-2019, 08:09 PM
RE: Entering Dusk - by Below Zero - 05-24-2019, 10:15 PM