Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Entering Dusk

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel didn't need to see the signs of just how horrible this first meeting was going. She could see it in the way his smile was steadily widening - at which point she felt like finding the first eel hole and drawling deep inside. Or maybe taking up shack with a squid or octopus. Either felt like better options then continue this extremely awkward, and horribly uncomfortable conversation. His answer was barely out - and as soon as she began to speak over him, she could already see her features widening in displeasure. And of course she couldn't stop speaking with out seeming like a bigger clownfish!

She tries to keep herself going steady - even if she felt like becoming one with the sand sharks and burying herself deep. It had to be a better solution then continuing this horribly embarrassing one sided conversation. And she realizes it's one-sided. Other than the reactions she was getting. The smile that seemed to be twitching to grow in strength. The bird who had even relaxed into grooming no less. When she does bring up a King, he stands taller and she can at least be certain that the individual she is making a fool of herself with is he, but of course, she can't not speak before he can reply. Her entire frame seems to twitch with embarrassment as a laugh leaves him, and her finned ears flick lightly, shifting in distress. Oh goodness, she'd rather go for a solo dive in the mariana trench!

Finally she managed to fall silent - and by the grace of the seven seas she stays silent, her gaze lowering only to jerk up again when his muzzle stretches towards her. A primitive part of her brain recognizes the motion to be that of reassurance, although not a motion she knew from experience. There was love and compassion growing up, but the Pod didn't have time for reassurances, you had to grow up tough, and fast.

Still he spoke, and it was far more of a relief than she could say when she was met with distinct kindness, as if she hadn't spoken over him for half a dozen sentences of chaos. Okay, so maybe a fair few more than just a half dozen sentences. Still, she couldn't help but relax a fair bit at his words. She smiled faintly, the smile willingly reaching the dual set of eyes that clearly spoke of relief that she hadn't manage to completely ruin this plea of admittance to the court.

She dipped her head again in greeting when he did announce himself as Asterion, smiling faintly, before tilting her head in surprise to his question of comfort. When he spoke of the shore her gaze immediately turned towards the direction of the sea, the wisps of water vapor turning warmer at the thought. She turned her attention back to the stallion before, allowing him stage to continue speaking - of having taken a long time to adjust Novus, and she nodded once.

"I am fairly certain I've got a long swim ahead of me to become used to these lands. I will admit that it is . . . difficult being so far from the waters, I spent far more of my years in the depth then ashore. It's been a rough transition so far. I will admit that the sea bordering the land may have played a part in my choosing of your court." Goodness, couldn't she have found an easier, faster way to say that.

Her gaze turned towards the sea, remembering he'd spoken of moving their conversation there for her comfort, and she shook her head, "I thank you for the offer, but I have no desire to force you to move just to accommodate me. Perhaps after our talk, I'd welcome a tour to view it, however. And the rest of the lands, as well of course." She shifted her hooves faintly, glancing briefly at the gull on his back before back up at the stallion again, "But I do hope to become more accustomed to this island, and being on an island with time. It's a vastly different world then I come from . . . . but the dangers are certainly less here. I'm no fraidy-fish, really . . . but one can only outswim sharks for so long." Why couldn't she stop talking! Where one sentence would have done she had to add like seven others. And she felt like she was repeating herself. Oh, sea cucumbers! What a great impression she was shaping out to be. She was really feeling the desire to escape on the tide, with out a doubt. Still, she kept quite again, allowing him a time to respond - with out speaking over him. And hoping that she wasn't going to keep mucking this thing up. You only had one chance to properly impress a Triton, and join their pod; and she was certain that she was treading water just barely.

Thoughts
Speech
Tagging: @Asterion

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Entering Dusk - by Below Zero - 05-20-2019, 08:16 PM
RE: Entering Dusk - by Asterion - 05-22-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: Entering Dusk - by Below Zero - 05-22-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: Entering Dusk - by Asterion - 05-24-2019, 08:09 PM
RE: Entering Dusk - by Below Zero - 05-24-2019, 10:15 PM