Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Exploring the Heart of Day

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol watched how she settled, wondering a bit why she seemed so uncertain. Or at least that was how he perceived her. Flicking back an ear, he listened to what she had to say with curiosity brimming within him.

“I wouldn’t say you’re intruding, but our king might.” Sol watched her as he caught the slight venom that seemed to be hinging on the title alone. "I take it that your King is not one of your favorite beings? Sorry, I am rather new here, so I am not fully sure of what is going on around the entirety of the area." Rather new... yeah... like a whole whopping week that he had been here was enough to tell him much of anything. The thought nearly made him laugh out loud and he had to focus on what she was saying rather that letting amusement course through him.

“Call me Elif, It’s nice to meet you, Sol, but now is not the best time to explore the Day Court. Unless you think you could learn much as a statue.” Sol started as he listened to her words, surprised by the idea. "A statue... Yeah... That doesnt sound like a way to learn. Sounds like your realm is a bit chaotic at the moment..." He responded, though a surge of protectiveness erupted and he nearly offered her a place to stay with him. Nearly... It took a moment to regain composure. Why was he feeling protective of Elif? They had just met and he was in no place to even try to make an offer like that.

Shaking his head, he took a moment to survey the land around them and wonder at the world that he had found himself in. Perhaps this was more chaotic than traveling around alone... but there was at least others that he could connect with here. Even his natural grumpiness seemed to be taking a back seat for a bit at least.

"So... What would a newcomer need to know to stay flesh rather than stone?" He asked simply, his deep voice rich in the quiet of the oasis. Sol was hoping to put her at ease a touch, at least to make her a bit more comfortable in his presence. Gods knew that the gruff and often grumpy stallion needed any friend that he could get at this point. Friend... that was something he hadnt searched for in many years... if he had ever desired it in the past. Her wariness still made him uneasy... but that might be a hold over from nearly killing the last filly he had been around. There was still a good chunk of guilt hidden in his heart from it. Flipping his ebony and gold tail, he did his best to look reassuring.

@Elif

Messages In This Thread
Exploring the Heart of Day - by Sol Bestiam - 05-29-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Elif - 05-29-2019, 11:23 PM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Sol Bestiam - 05-30-2019, 11:01 AM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Elif - 06-02-2019, 01:36 PM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Sol Bestiam - 06-03-2019, 12:19 PM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Elif - 06-06-2019, 01:49 PM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Sol Bestiam - 06-07-2019, 02:24 PM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Elif - 06-13-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Sol Bestiam - 06-15-2019, 10:49 AM
RE: Exploring the Heart of Day - by Elif - 06-20-2019, 03:24 PM