Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - among granite peaks

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 74 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Emotion Transference  |    Bonded: Vradara (Small Dragon)

she was powerful not because she wasn't scared,
but because she went on strongly despite her fear.
Ipomoea fixed his attention on Delumine more than the rest.

What could ever be wrong with Delumine?

From the bees that fluttered through the blades that composed Delumine's pastoral meadows, to the wildflowers that grew proudly in the light Oriens brought to the citizens every morning it was elegant. The bees... they buzzed around the choir of blooms, nature's music in her very own backyard. The river - Rapax - she remained magnificent with the clearest body Maerys had ever laid her mauve eyes on. It remained ever chilled, refreshment in the heat of summertime. The forest that filled the gaps that remained thrummed with life. It was easy to twirl about, gazing up at the canopy of green boughs, listening to the trill of birdsong that had so easily become synonymous with Dawn Court. The sun would break through the cracks in the trees, lighting up the dirt path that was decorated with outgrown roots, wildflowers, and fallen leaves that crunched pleasantly beneath hooves cloven and non alike that led wandering souls to the library.

The library.

Maerys could not string together any words in any dictionaries in a way that would be perfect enough to describe the library. It was the epitome of fantasy.

"Aye," she returned, reflecting only temporarily before proceeding. "I has't settled in brilliantly at Dawn Court." The grin she contributed to the statement is true and certain, though she has more to say. "I has't not resided in Novus for an extraordinary period," but Ipomoea would already know this. The youthful exuberance that pulsated from her core would alert all nearby: Maerys was by no means aged and experienced. She had a mere two years under her belt, most of which she had not spent in Novus. "Though all mine own daybreaks and nightfalls in Novus has't been as a Dawn Court combatant." There was hesitation now, the subtle pause in tongue to question and doubt her upcoming choice of delivery. What should she truly divulge about Dawn to the stranger? What if he was an enemy; a wolf dressed as a sheep? "Many things have changed since my initial arrival and I do not know where things are truly headed."

Delumine - the fantasy, the fantasy, the fantasy had already begun to switch - it had all become a disjointed and novel experience that engendered a great sense of outlandishness.

Had it all been a fever dream?

Everything and everyone explained to Maerys that it would all be okay in the end, but she felt anxious - like something was eating her from the gut out. It came to her at first as an electrical storm in her brain that shortcircuited her thoughts and led her to dead ends. It was the unpleasant snap of a rubber band against naked flesh just as it was an intense sorrow, perhaps a sort of frozen panic with nowhere to go.

"It is very arguably too quiet." There was never anyone to accompany her. Some days the draft didn't even offer its presence. Those were the most desolate, truthfully. How was it that they could grow in numbers each day, but she would see fewer and fewer faces each patrol?

When he brandished his wings and a joyful expression graced her features, it was a breath of fresh air. For all the affection and passion she had for Delumine, there were equal parts of distress and concern. Too young to do anything about it at the moment, she simply had to sit and watch and wait. In many ways, she required a smile, a little bit of succor. He even went as far as to compliment her and her heart fluttered more aggressively than the wings at his ankles ever could. Ipomoea seemed skilled at diverting the mind to more pleasant things.

She would tell him similarly - Ipomoea, his name sounded like that of a flower which was so fitting for the lighthearted man, but he never divulged his name and Maerys was not going to push for it if he was not comfortable giving it. Instead, a bashful glint of a smile touched her velvet lips in a response that admitted thankfulness.

When the bi-toned man began to shimmy backward, the doe followed with ears pricked forward and the gentle thump of curiosity in her heart. Ipomoea was well-versed in conversation and Maerys felt not a single lull begin to form as topics twisted and merged and shifted completely. She noticed this particularly now as he divulged information about Denocte, a land Maerys knew nothing about.

"Do you enjoy residing here?" She posed the question openly and without hesitation. That frozen ache needed to know how others loved their homes - Maerys needed to know if it was with the same anxious turmoil she loved Delumine with. "I believeth not that I could see myself anywhere but Delumine."
M A E R Y S

@Ipomoea
code created by kaons and modified by me

[Image: maerys-pixel.png]

x

force and magic always permitted

Messages In This Thread
among granite peaks - by Maerys - 06-03-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: among granite peaks - by Ipomoea - 07-04-2019, 12:20 PM
RE: among granite peaks - by Maerys - 07-27-2019, 08:08 PM
RE: among granite peaks - by Ipomoea - 09-03-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: among granite peaks - by Maerys - 10-09-2019, 01:04 PM