Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 504 Spring - Spotlight Nominations

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 67 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,935
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Jeanne winning Member of the Season!

She’s worked hard to create and develop new characters, and has helped foster plots this season as well. Not only is Seraphina leading the solterran rebellion, Jeanne has also joined several new characters recently, and come up with a brand new lore and adopts to boot?! You're an amazing addition to Novus!

Congratulate @Ipomoea on winning Character of the Season!

He had his first spar this season, and is back in his birthplace evolving himself and his worldview. We’re excited to see what comes next for him!

Congratulate @Isra on winning Quote of the Season!

From the good son — "The world is suffering because there are fools like you that think their suffering is somehow greater than the rest. They take their pain and call it right when they etch it into the marrow of the world around them."

We loved how well this quote applied not only to novus recently, but to the world at large. Isra is written absolutely beautifully in this thread (as is Abel!) and draws us in with every word.

Congratulate @Theodosia and @Marisol on winning Pair of the Season!

We’re excited to see how they’re starting to realize their deeper feelings for each other, and are curious how Marisol’s transformation will impact their relationship! Their threads together give us all the feels (@redandblack @bruiser we need more please, and soon!)

Congratulate @Sabine and @Raum on "oath" winning Thread of the Season!

Reading Raum’s reaction to the news of Rhoswen’s death, seeing a different side of the villain we’ve all come to know and love? hate? was awesome. I especially loved Sabine vocalizing her pain and how she holds him accountable for all the suffering he’s caused. Both of these characters are strong and written in such poetic ways, seeing this confrontation brought out a new side to both of them that we have loved witnessing.

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 08/06/19!
Spotlight Nominations for 504 Spring are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
@Maerys who won Character OTS for 503 Winter, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations:
@Septimus
@Locust
@Isra
@Ipomoea
@Asterion
@Sabine
@Raum
@Katniss

PAIR of the Season
@Israfel and @Ulric, who won Pair OTS for 503 Winter, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Isra & @Eik
@Marisol & @Theodosia

THREAD of the Season

Thread must have been made or posted in during Spring (06/01-08/15)!

Current nominations: 
Oath
the poem you made of me
the violence in the pouring rain
The Good Son
the flowers say hello

MEMBER of the Season
@Muirgen who won Player OTS for 503 Winter, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations:
@Laine
@Jeanne
@nestle
@sid

QUOTE of the Season

Quote must come from a post made during Spring (06/01-08/15)!

Current nominations include...

"The world is suffering because there are fools like you that think their suffering is somehow greater than the rest. They take their pain and call it right when they etch it into the marrow of the world around them." - Isra in The Good Son

"But—God, what if the want in her stomach is not what she thinks it is—what if she goes in for a kiss and the thing inside her gnashes for a bite, instead? What if it’s blood? What if it’s not? What if she can’t take it back?" - Marisol in the violence in the pouring rain

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 503 Winter Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Spotlight Nomination!</font></div>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: <a href="">LINK</a> TO THE CHARACTER(s), THREAD, OR MEMBER
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

</blockquote></blockquote>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 67 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,935
Administrator

The below have been submitted anonymously! ♥
@Septimus, for character otS
@Laine, for member otS

Played by Offline Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 45
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Here I am finally putting in some of these!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: Isra & Eik
Reason: These two are super cute and deserve each other (some AWW moments here) Plus Rae & Nestle write beautifully together <3

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: Oath
Reason: This thread isn't done yet, but I'm enjoying all the layers to Raum's character that are showing through so far. I'm really interested in seeing what happens next o:

Which OTS: Member
Show us: Jeanne
Reason: Jeanne is always a positive light in the Discord chat, plus she's been busting ass and being a posting machine lately #gojeanne

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: "The world is suffering because there are fools like you that think their suffering is somehow greater than the rest. They take their pain and call it right when they etch it into the marrow of the world around them." Isra in The Good Son
Reason: I enjoy Nes words in general, but this line in particular felt very powerful. I love it <3

Which OTS: Character
Show us: Locust
Reason: Because pirates??

@inkbone - added my last two <3

** Staff edit: Jeanne, Oath, Isra/Eik added, Locust, and Isra's quote all addad! ;D -ink

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 200
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Isra
Reason: Isra is such a deep, beautifully-written character. I haven't been here long, but have already fallen in love with her. Every one of her threads is so amazingly interesting and an absolute joy to read. Not to mention she has been around a long time and has been consistently active with one of the highest post counts on site.

Show us: @Ipomoea
Reason: This is another character that I cannot fathom why he hasn't won this award yet. Not only is he sweet and charming, but his activity is also very consistently high. He is a true pleasure to write with and an excellent read.

Show us: @Asterion
Reason: Beautiful Asterion is another one that is such a good read - so stalkable! He is a dynamic stallion who has capably led as Sovereign for some time now. He is extremely active around the site, taking part in the SWPs n generally being everywhere in the best of ways! He has the highest post count, and as a continuation of this has (as I write this) also posted the most this month out of everyone.

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Marisol and @Theodosia
Reason: I love the way they work together and their energies mesh really well. Their thread this month is a captivating read and not only are they amazing on their own, but come together for some really interesting and intense moments.

Show usthe poem you made of me eik and Isra
Reason: This thread has the perfect amount of sweet and sad and touching - Solterra is in an absolute catastrophic state right now, but there they are, two absolutely dynamic, amazing characters that are madly in love. They would do anything for each other and it is all so beautifully written here! Definitely a worthy read and nomination.

Show us: the violence in the pouring rain Marisol and theodosia
Reason: It's so good. They are both warriors... to the bone warriors and here they are, loving each other without knowing it? knowing it but not admitting it? admitting it and waiting in the tension? are they denying it?! I'm on the edge of my seat reading it - thinking it'll go one way and then it fully goes the other. There are absolutely amazing moments of vivid imagery in here and some truly spectacular writing if I've ever seen it.

Show us: "But—God, what if the want in her stomach is not what she thinks it is—what if she goes in for a kiss and the thing inside her gnashes for a bite, instead? What if it’s blood? What if it’s not? What if she can’t take it back?" - Marisol in the violence in the pouring rain
Reason: I love the uncertainty here. It not only fits in perfectly with their thread, but on its own is also a beautiful quote that (at least I think) summarizes Marisol pretty well. I just really do love it.

hope I did this right, first time nominating people/characters/etc may do more later idk

** staff edit: Isra, Ipomoea, Asterion, Marisol/Theodosia, the poem you made of me, the violence in the pouring rain (quote & thread) all added!

Played by Offline Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 45
OOC Account

Oops sorry, one more LOL I can't help myself

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: The Good Son
Reason: I'm a sucker for drama and the back and forth between Abel and Isra is just interesting. With Abel being from Night previously and having been involved in the market attacks. He's also trying to justify why he sided with Raum. With the latest post, I'm SUPER interested in what will happen next -eyes emoji-

** staff edit: the good son added!

Played by Offline griffin [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Sabine
Reason: Sabi, Sabi, you break my heart. Kezz's writing is always outstanding but Sabine has had some really moving threads this season - her ongoing ones with Caine and Raum especially have me on the edge of my seat, tissues in hand.

Show us: @Raum
Reason: So much of what's happening now and the character growth/motivations behind it wouldn't be happening without him. It's hard to write a good villain (I mean, I'm assuming - I've never even come close) and I'm thirsty for his downfall even knowing I love him and will miss him and understand why he's the way he is. Raum is a wonderfully tragic character, terribly making things tragic for others, and he's unified a good portion of Novus even as he tears down the Day Court from the inside...or tries to, anyway. Obsi has always been so good at showing his complexity, his chilling darkness, his aching heart. It'll be sad to see him go, and thrilling to see how Novus moves on after the destruction and change he's wrought.

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @nestle and @sid and all the staff who are working so hard and so well on this year's SWP!
Reason: It's just so amazing! All the random events responses and the swp posts are stellar. I know I'm not alone in loving the concept of the island, it's been so fun to play with...and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Show us: https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=3891&action=lastpost The Flowers Say Hello
Reason: This one's still in process but I know it won't disappoint. Everyone's writing is so stellar, and the interplay of such a large group of characters is such good interweaving drama! I can't wait to see what'll be happening next.

Show us: will return to this
Reason: TK

** staff edit: sabine, raum, nes, sid, and the flowers say hello all added!

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 360
OOC Account

because there aren't enough nominations yet ;)

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: Katniss
Reason: My heart hurts for sweet strong Katniss ;_; (did you miss this thread? I did at first, because Zombie and Firefly impressively cranked it out in a single day!!) she has a LOT going on right  now! Not only is she mourning the loss of her love while preparing to raise their child, she was recently promoted to champion of battle. I have always loved a soft warrior and so I've naturally loved Katniss from the start, I can't wait to see what the future has in store for her.

Show us: "Lest you wish to stir your next drink with your own tongue cut clean from your throat,” she paused to allow the mare a moment to collect herself (and possibly for dramatic effect), "I would suggest you take a step back.
Avdotya, I AM A MARBLE MAN
Reason: Iconic much? -prays at the altar of Avdotya- 

** staff edit: Katniss added - unfortunately Avdotya's quote was from the last season, so it can't be included as part of this season's spotlight nominations ;0;

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 59 — Threads: 4
Signos: 4,990
Administrator

Winners announced!