Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i'll be fine, i'm alright, it's my body

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 48 — Threads: 12
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Juniper,
Suspicion is an unending pool in the Commander’s eyes, raking over every minute nuance of pale ivory visage as one would pile leaves in their yard. Everything about Marisol is meticulous and well thought out – from the sharpness of her gaze to the careful curling of her mouth as it tilts down, down, down to the earth which holds so many children.

But it does not hold the pale girl-goddess before the Commander.

Only the skies wrap their arms about her, their cool breath tickling her ears, their soft songs a lullaby to sing a girl to sleep every night in the swamps. There is no fear in her heart as she looks upon Marisol, and she does not mind the unexpected pleasure that runs through her skin when the darker woman’s lips turn up, up, up where they belong. A sense of triumph and welcome spreads, hungrily devouring supple flesh until she feels as though her swamp has reached far and wide, her sister’s prayers splaying over the land until they find her again.

This could be home.

“Nothing is lost unless you let it be so,” she breathes, solemnity a noose about her neck. There is a gravity in the girls’ words, a knowingness in the tilt of her head; she does not elaborate, but merely bobs narrow crown up and down, exuberant in her attentions.

Words are not murmured but roared, pride and eagerness filling the commander even as it pulses through the Priestess’ heart. She raises her wings proudly, head high and eyes bright as she nods. “A Hierophylakes,” Juniper breathes. Then, with a flourish she dips her head low, wings parallel to the ground. “It would be an honor to bring Vespera back into the folds of the Halcyon, Commander.” As ferocity fills her tone, there is nothing but a barbaric grin upon dual-toned lips and determination in those green, green, life-giving green eyes. “Through any battle, through every battle, and feast and celebration and grievance, I will stand beside you and among you. Train me to be brave and bold, and with Vespera as my witness I will not squander your time and guidance. Let me be her voice to your troops, and I will keep her close to all of our hearts, always.”

Conviction is threaded into the very blood that burns in her veins, unending devotion to a goddess she has never seen, yet would never abandon, is clear in the reverent tones that echo from her throat. No, Juniper will not fail her Goddess, and she will not fail her Commander.

Vespera would be with the Halcyon once more, her words as prayers upon her lips, and her hymns as guidance when there would be war.

“Speaking.”
In speech, my heart before her faints and dies
credits @Marisol wow this is late !!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: i'll be fine, i'm alright, it's my body - by Juniper - 12-11-2019, 08:17 PM