Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - kill the lights

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Blyse

one sword out of many.
Nameless stranger she called him.  Oh yes, he did recall that he never gave her his name.  There was something powerful in a name, like some form of kinship granted simply by the knowledge of it.  He did not just hand that away to strangers in the mountains.  But now, he was in Denocte and planned to remain there, so he might as well have warmed up to the thought of fellowship and comraderie with its people.  He cocked his head, a perplexed look claiming his expression for a moment.  It was how she said it that struck that look upon his face.  It lacked all the joyous pleasure he recalled from their first meeting.  Her tone was hollow, an effigy of what he had imagined it would be.  Perhaps his memory of her was simply failing him.  Or perhaps it was just that time had changed her like it changes all things.

He had changed too little for his liking since then.  Magic did not come as easy to him as everything else had.  He had hoped that when he arrived at this place, his illusions would be battle-ready.  He could not even recreate the fiery mirage he had witnessed from the sentinel at the lake.

“It’s Blyse.”  He reveals, reclaiming his poised expression and straightening his stance as any soldier should when he declares himself to another.  It felt like only half a sentence without a ‘sir’ tacked on at the end.  Some habits are harder to break than they are to build.  But his hopes were that he did not need to cull it out of himself—that soon, not just one day, it would come of use to him again.  

But that was not here and now.  ”I’ve taken the long road home. “  He began again, confidently chosen prose disrupting the pervasive silence of the garden.  “Perhaps I would have been wiser to take the offer you gave me instead of letting it hang on the air.”  If Blyse ever did apologize, that was the closest thing to it that you would find.  He kept many emotions trained to stay at bay if they didn’t serve him well.  Any form of guilt, however meager, was one of them.  

What might have been missed was that he was trying the word home out for the very first time.  It tasted bittersweet.  He truly did want a place to belong and he was as sure as he would find it here as he was that the young, blade-bearing woman would have a whimsical retort.  It turns out you can miss something you never really had.

@Isra // sorry, I didn't give you much dialogue to work with ;o;

Messages In This Thread
kill the lights - by Blyse - 06-22-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: kill the lights - by Isra - 06-26-2019, 10:39 AM
RE: kill the lights - by Blyse - 06-26-2019, 07:45 PM
RE: kill the lights - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 03:21 PM