Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - let the waves up and take me down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Beneath the surface she is at peace. It had been too long since she had been able to feel the currents against her skin, the way the seaweed brushed against her legs. The sounds from beneath the waves were so very different than the sounds that saturated her senses when she was above the tide. While she was beneath the surface, she blocked out all sounds, all thoughts, all doubts. She was able to completely lose herself down here, something she had been unable to do for some time. Her magic was new and challenging to learn, but she loved knowing that she could once more be below the surface.

She moves amongst the fish and eels, the wildlife scattering as she steps forward. They do not yet know that she means them no harm, that she is here to protect them just as they are here to provide her company. She can feel the tug of her eagle, beckoning her to the surface. His shrill cry from his position in the air does not go unnoticed, only ignored. This moment here is too soft, too precious for her to leave.

She can feel the way the water ripples as Isra slips into it. The vibration of each step she takes is felt, but only ignored. She will take another moment for herself. She will enjoy this sense of freedom while she can, for it is something she may not get a chance to do that often.

It is only when the lake bed that she walks on turns to white sand and gemstones, does she realize and accept that she is not truly alone in this place of solace. Slowly, she turns towards where Isra stands and slowly begins to make her way to the shore. Her body breaks through the quiet, still surface and she looks like an angel descending from heaven. Water drips off her body, drip…drip…drip. As air begins to fill her lungs, she feels her magic fade away, the gills seem to vanish before Isra’s very eyes. As her cells return to their normal function, her lugs welcome the fresh, crisp spring air.

And as her eyes rest on Isra, she smiles for she knows that her queen has heard Finnick’s call. Steps bring her to a respectable distance, her head dipping lightly in greeting towards her queen. “Thank you, Isra, for coming.” Her vocals are soft, her eyes even softer. There’s something different about Katniss. She might look the same as she always had, but there is an aura about her that is far different than Isra has seen before.

She heaves a heavy sigh. “You are not the only one who has learned new magic.” There is a lightness to her voice in the way she speaks so fondly of her new magic. But that was not the reason she has asked Isra here today. Today, she has a story of her own for the storyteller. “Isra, I wish to tell you a story.” The lightness of her voice has changed slightly. Now, it is filled with determination and strength, a tone that Isra knows. Hopefully her queen will allow her to be the storyteller today.

@Isra

Messages In This Thread
let the waves up and take me down - by Katniss - 07-01-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-23-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-04-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM