Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - let the waves up and take me down

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Katniss waits, almost impatiently, as she finishes her story and awaits her queen’s response. She does not know of the love she feels for Eik, of the twins growing within her womb, or of her answer regarding Katniss’ request. For some her request might seem unnecessary and strange, but for Katniss, it means so much more than just empty words on Isra’s lips. Isra’s allowance for Katniss to follow her heart will be the catalyst that propels Katniss forward on a journey of love, a journey that she never thought she would be able to partake in. It will be the one thing that draws her not only closer to Metaphor, but to herself. She will learn things about herself that she never thought she would learn and she would one day understand a little more about the world she lives in.

And then Isra parts her lips and the words that fall from them are sweeter than honey. It draws a soft smile to her lips, pulling at the corners and making her use muscles she had not used in ages. She was so happy that Isra would allow her to give herself completely to Metaphor. In this moment, Katniss has no idea just how important those words are. One day she will understand, but for now she can only smile. “I am slowly learning that sometimes, the way of the heart is not always the path that leads to distraction and devastation. Sometimes, it makes us stronger.” Little does Katniss know just how strong her love for Metaphor will make her.

In this moment, it is as if there is a weight that has lifted off Katniss’ shoulders. She heaves a sigh of relief and she cannot help but simple feel free. Isra continues on, telling her that she will always have her blessing to love just as she will always be her champion. She cannot help the way her lips spread into a soft smile, how her heart beats faster at the thought of Metaphor.

Slowly Katniss rises to her feet, shaking off the water and sand. She looks down at Isra and Fable, locked in a loving embrace that only they understand. At Isra’s words, Katniss nods ever so softly. “Someday…I hope you will.” It is in this moment that Katniss does not realize just how soon Isra will meet Metaphor. She does not realize that by the time the sun sets in three days time, Isra will not only meet Metaphor, but see a side of Katniss that she had never shown anyone.

She offers one more soft smile to the pair before she turns and heads back towards the little home that she shares with Metaphor and Finnick. She heads home so she can surprise metaphor and give him her everything.

@Isra just a little closer <3

Messages In This Thread
let the waves up and take me down - by Katniss - 07-01-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-23-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-04-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Katniss - 08-05-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM