Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - our mother has been absent ever since we founded rome;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Asterion

It’s a fleck of silver-grey that catches his eye first, like a wisp of cloud that’s separated from the rest. Cirrus notes her too, though she doesn’t pause in her wide and untroubled circles; one stranger was not a threat today, not with so many Halcyon on patrol. Incoming, the gull murmurs down the bond between the two companions, and the king of Dusk Court huffs a soft breath and settles in to wait.

She does not keep him waiting long. His gaze is soft and dark on the stranger as she lands, her hair billowing like stormclouds, her points dark and her monochrome patterns striking against the bright color of the sunlit day. As soon as her gaze catches his the bay stallion nods, an easy dip of his muzzle, and when he notes her posture he comes a few steps nearer. Enough to speak comfortably, but not enough to threaten; enough to see her more clearly, but not enough to see the glint of sharp teeth or untangle the scents of where she’d been.

“You are,” he answers simply, but there is a smile beginning at the corner of his mouth, and his voice is colored more with humor than suspicion. When she glances up at Cirrus he follows her gaze, and if he’d known her thoughts he would have laughed - the big gull claimed him as much as the other way around.

Asterion is growing accustomed to being studied, though it took him a long time to accept that it came with the territory of being king. Now, beneath her dark-eyed gaze, he stands easily, regarding her in turn - each detail he notes only makes him more curious, from her arching horns to the wire curling around her neck to her long and lovely tail, its silver vanishing into the grass. When she speaks again, his eyes go back to hers, and something in her words settles him, broadening his smile.

“Well met, Camillia. I count Queen Isra a good friend - our courts are allies, and you are welcome here. I am Asterion, King of Terrastella. And that,” he adds, gesturing his muzzle upwards, “is Cirrus, my companion.” From high above comes the keening of the gull, but the bay man doesn’t continue watching; the Denoctian woman has his full attention. “What brings you today? I hope the city is faring well.” He refrains, for now, from mentioning Prudence, though the dug-up fields and cadets combing the area must seem curious -

but the less said to strangers about the errant relic, the better.

@Camillia ahhh I can't get over how pretty her design is. sorry for the wait!

if you'll be my star*

Messages In This Thread
our mother has been absent ever since we founded rome; - by Asterion - 07-25-2019, 10:59 AM
RE: our mother has been absent ever since we founded rome; - by Asterion - 07-30-2019, 02:21 PM