Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - In the shadows of the Citadel

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Rhone watched as she turned to look at him, probably quite startled by not only the collision, but the depth of his voice. He had seen the way some mares were so startled being close to stallions. It pained him to know that something or someone in their past had been abusive to where they simply could not be around those of the opposite sex. Rhone’s heart had always gone out to them, willing them to one day find another that would show them love and kindness instead of pain and fear.

At her words, he shook his head, trying to take some of the blame off of her. After all, he had been the one who so unfortunately bumped into her. It was he who had not been watching where he was going. "No, no. The fault is all mine. I too was lost in thought and not really paying attention to my surroundings." Normally he was quite the observant one, but today, something was distracting his thoughts in a way that perhaps he should stop. If his thoughts were going to get someone hurt, then he really needed to look into correcting them.

At her question of if he was hurt, he shook his head ever so lightly. "No, I’m quite alright." And then his manners kicked in. Why hadn’t he asked her if she was alright? "How rude of me, are you hurt?" Normally that would be the first thing out of his mouth. But today? Today something had hold of his attention and manners and it was certainly not letting go.

His attention turned to the maned wolf at her side. He offered the other a soft smile, admiring the banter between the two. He had seen bondeds before, admiring them for how well they bonded to their companions. It was a relationship he often admired and was often jealous of. Perhaps his time would come that he should find someone like this.

Thankfully, blushing was not noticeable because when the little maned wolf complimented his appearance, he inwardly blushed at the thought. It had been a long time since someone had made a comment on his looks. Here in Novus, everyone was so strangely colored, it was hard to see how someone as plain and ordinary as he was fit in.

But soon, his eyes were cast back to the mare before him as she made introductions. Uzuri and Neema. He offered her a soft smile. "Rhone." His name was uttered with confidence, respect, and a sense of wonder. He had always loved his name, even if he was unsure how his mother had come to think of such a name. Lusitania had always been a mouthful for some, but his mother had worn her name like a badge of honor. But his name? It rolled off the tongue so smoothly.

"Perhaps I too can benefit from watching there I am going. Where are you headed? Perhaps you need some company?" It was a silent offer to accompany her to her destination. After all, he had nothing better to do today. He was going nowhere in particular and kept no schedule. Perhaps walking with her would give him something to do today and provide him with some pleasant conversation.

@Uzuri

Messages In This Thread
In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 08-14-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 08-18-2019, 06:29 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 09-25-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 09-28-2019, 09:18 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 10-01-2019, 12:11 PM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 10-10-2019, 05:23 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 10-10-2019, 10:11 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 10-16-2019, 04:57 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 11-15-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 11-28-2019, 01:15 PM