Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 504 Summer - Spotlight Announcements

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 59 — Threads: 4
Signos: 5,540
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Layla on winning Member of the Season!

Layla is a nearly ever-present, friendly face within the Novus community who is incredibly active and involved with all of her characters. She's very sweet and encouraging about people's writing and art, and is always welcoming to new and old faces alike! Additionally, she's helped out staff with writing so many quests - and there's an added bonus that she has a ridiculously adorable dog, too! ♥

Congratulate @Boudika on winning Character of the Season!

Griffin took the words right out of our mouths! "From the first time I read her, I could see such a clear picture of the world and culture she came from, and I was immediately obsessed with her story. It's only continued with each of her posts. She feels so fully realized, fierce but a little self-conscious, bold but uncertain with how her story is unfolding in Denocte. I'm excited to watch her continue to grow and change (eye emoji here) along with the other badass ladies filling out the night court's ranks."

Congratulate @Samaira on winning Quote of the Season!

From Lead me out into the light — "What use are wings to a pegasus, if they cannot use them?"

This is an beautifully deep, yet simple, question that can convey all different sorts of emotions when considered in different contexts. It's this intriguing sense of adaptability that allows Samaira's quote to speak to all sorts of readers & characters on so many different levels!

Congratulate @Apolonia and @Anandi on winning Pair of the Season!

While these two may not be an official couple yet, they have an sweet, innocent crush going on that makes for an adorable read! We look forward to seeing what may develop between them in the future, and any adorable future threads! ♥

Congratulate @Morrighan and @Antiope on "It starts with a Spark" winning Thread of the Season!

We can't lie - with two badass ladies in one thread? The tension and the chemistry is everything, like watching two superwomen meet! I don't think any of us would complain if we got a chance to read a battle between these two ;)

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 09/30/19!
Spotlight Nominations for 504 Summer are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
Ipomoea who won Character OTS for 504 Spring, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations:
@Asterion
@Antiope
@Eik
@Ramses
@Charlotte
@Boudika

PAIR of the Season
Theodosia and @Marisol, who won Pair OTS for 504 Spring, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Apolonia & @Anandi
@Emersyn & @Bexley
@Abel & @Sabine

THREAD of the Season

Thread must have been made or posted in during Summer (08/01-09/30)!

Current nominations: 
city of stone
lord, if i make it through tonight
it starts with a spark

MEMBER of the Season
Jeanne who won Player OTS for 504 Spring, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations:
@Layla
@redandblack
@Sea
@kay

QUOTE of the Season

Quote must come from a post made during Summer (08/01-09/30)!

Current nominations include...

"By Solis' left fucking testicle, shut up. Whatever the hell you’re screeching about can wait" - @Israfel in lord, if i make it through tonight

"“What do the trees whisper?” Her voice is as dry as a dead leaf and as wanting of water and food. And when she turns her horn to follow that bolt of golden summer it points at the sapling, and the promise of life, like the frayed end of a noose swinging in the breeze (swinging, swinging, swinging). If there is joy to be felt, or hope, or something kind, she does not feel it. All the dappled gold only makes her feel sorrowful and monstrous." - @Thana in for that reason

"Maerys only wanted the light of day, the comfort of a home - of loving embraces. She craved to mold her dreams into gold that was as tangible as wishes, yet as real as the dawn of Delumine. She wanted these dreams, given to her by the divine hand, to dance with her into the future that calls to her wandering hooves and bohemian soul." - @Maerys in the quieter it is, the more you can hear

"What use are wings to a pegasus, if they cannot use them?" - @Samaira in lead me out into the light

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 503 Winter Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Spotlight Nomination!</font></div>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: <a href="">LINK</a> TO THE CHARACTER(s), THREAD, OR MEMBER
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

</blockquote></blockquote>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Played by Offline redandblack [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 405
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Asterion
Reason: I think all of Novus is surprised and sad to see Asterion taking a vacay, and he deserves some recognition to go out with a bang! Griff has managed the highest number of posts on the entire site with him, and he has continually grown and evolved as a character through so many heartbreaks, spars and challenges that I feel like we all consider him our Sad Boy King. He will be missed!

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: City of Stone
Reason: Man, it is so strange and satisfying to see this arc coming to an end. Every character in this thread is so powerful and passionate in different ways (I ADORE Po's chivalry in specific), and it's amazing to see them all coming together against Raum and how he continues to surprise us in every post, going the opposite direction you think he will. Going out with a bang at its finest!

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @Layla
Reason: We've been bumping into each other on Discord much more lately, and I am so glad I've gotten the chance to know her better! She is so sweet and encouraging about people's writing/art and is always a source of humor & goodwill for our group. (Not to mention how great her cast of all-female badasses is!

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,820
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @redandblack
Reason: RB has been a source of vitality on Discord for a while but especially lately. I have found her enthusiasm infectious. She has engaged us in the game by making up the challenge for the Halcyon's and allowing any and all to join in also. She has furthered the heritage of the Dusk Court and now is justly rewarded with leading the Dusk Court through her character Marisol. I cannot think of anyone more fitting and I am so very excited to see what further life and joy she brings to the game.

More OTM noms to come - getting in now because I always leave it too late and then never know who to nominate in addition to the ones already nom'd!

Played by Offline Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 960

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: Lord, If I Make It Through Tonight
Reason: I love the emotion RB shows from Marisol and how she is dealing with the news of Asterion, Florentine and Lysander leaving. I love that she just picks right back up and gets down to business and I'm looking forward to seeing how Marisol leads Dusk <3

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Antiope
Reason: Not only is she gorgeous (I'm a sucker for paint horses), but her backstory is so unique and interesting. I'm so happy she was recently appointed Regent. Katherine plays her beautifully and I'm excited to see what her new rank has in store for her character development!

Show us: @Sea
Reason: I've really enjoyed getting to know Sea lately and love how enthusiastic they are in the Discord chat. To be honest, their job sounds kind of badass so I give them kudos

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: "By Solis' left fucking testicle, shut up. Whatever the hell you’re screeching about can wait" - @Israfel in Lord, If I Make It Through Tonight
Reason: I don't know if this quote is even appropriate to have on the site's main page but it made me die laughing and it deserves some recognition LOL

Played by Offline Sunny [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 250
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMBER
Show us: @kay
Reason: Kay is super nice, really cheerful & upbeat, and always super gung-ho abt whatever dumb plots I can think of, also, I would die for Avdotya.

Played by Offline Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 960

Spotlight Nomination!

Adding another!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Apolonia and @Anandi
Reason: These two are precious and I ship them so hard <3 They have like a sweet innocent crush going on right now and I hope they'll become an official item eventually! (Seriously though just read this thread, they're adorable: https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=3988 )

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 59 — Threads: 4
Signos: 5,540
Administrator

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: QOTS
Show us: "“What do the trees whisper?” Her voice is as dry as a dead leaf and as wanting of water and food. And when she turns her horn to follow that bolt of golden summer it points at the sapling, and the promise of life, like the frayed end of a noose swinging in the breeze (swinging, swinging, swinging). If there is joy to be felt, or hope, or something kind, she does not feel it. All the dappled gold only makes her feel sorrowful and monstrous." by @Thana in for that reason
Reason: Honestly I could nominate every single word in this post because of how poetic and moving it is.

Show us: "Maerys only wanted the light of day, the comfort of a home - of loving embraces. She craved to mold her dreams into gold that was as tangible as wishes, yet as real as the dawn of Delumine. She wanted these dreams, given to her by the divine hand, to dance with her into the future that calls to her wandering hooves and bohemian soul." by @Maerys in the quieter it is, the more you can hear
Reason: another long quote but how can I not? kealie's writing flows so well, and I literally feel this quote in my soul (maybe it's my own melancholic mood lately, but this line made me pause and think.)

Show us: "What use are wings to a pegasus, if they cannot use them?" by @Samaira in lead me out into the light
Reason: So simple, but so true, another quote that made me pause.

Which OTS: TOTS
Show us: it starts with a spark
Reason: Two strong night court ladies here, the mood of this thread is everything. it's like watching two superwomen meet

Which OTS: COTS
Show us: @Eik
Reason: I have absolutely loved watching his development during his move to the Night Court, I can't wait to see what he does in his new home!

Which OTS: COTS
Show us: @Ramses
Reason: call me biased idc

Which OTS: POTS
Show us: @Emersyn and @Bexley
Reason: I know they aren't official but I kind of want them to be? their thread together promises to be so much fun, they're both strong ladies who are written absolutely beautifully together

Which OTS: POTS
Show us: @Abel and @Sabine
Reason: these two break my actual heart in the best way

Which OTS: MOTS
Show us: @Layla
Reason: Layla is a friendly face, always in the discord, always sharing adorable photos of her pup. She keeps all of her characters amazingly involved, and she has been a tremendous help to staff by knocking out a literal mountain of our pending quests. She's a true joy to have on Novus. <3

Played by Offline griffin [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

So many excellent ones already! I'm adding a few more.

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: @Charlotte
Reason: She makes my heart so happy! I'm not involved in/get to read many lighthearted adventurous threads lately and watching her interact with others with her boundless enthusiasm and Indy by her side has been nothing more than a delight.

@Boudika

From the first time I read her, I could see such a clear picture of the world and culture she came from, and I was immediately obsessed with her story. It's only continued with each of her posts. She feels so fully realized, fierce but a little self-conscious, bold but uncertain with how her story is unfolding in Denocte. I'm excited to watch her continue to grow and change (eye emoji here) along with the other badass ladies filling out the night court's ranks.

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 67 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,935
Administrator

♥ Congrats to our winners! ♥