Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - where the skies end

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

am i beautiful
as i tear you to pieces?
There is a howl in the distance that cuts through the two women's conversation. It's a sort of mockery, as if appearing at random to Morrighan isn't enough. He is laughing at her in his song since he knows she hasn't found him yet. He thinks she never will, but she is determined. She stamps her hoof against the ground, creating more char and smoke beneath her.

The stranger poses a question and suggests the wolf does not want to be found. Morrighan laughs more of a short laugh that matches her disbelief. "If he didn't want to be caught, he wouldn't keep following me," she grumbles. As crazy as she probably sounds, the wolf certainly had been following her the last couple weeks. If she didn't see him, she could feel eyes on her. Those stupid beady canine eyes sinking into her flesh like sharp teeth. Oh, how badly she wanted to do that to him or melt the fur off his body with her fire. The taste of revenge would be so sweet, but alas she is nowhere close to it.

Al'Zahra, a name to the stranger and something exotic on her tongue. As pretty as it sounded, it would likely get butchered if she tried to repeat it back. The name still does not ring a bell in Morr's mind. Apparently she is a dancer, but the spices of Denocte don't seem to cling to her like the others of her Court.

"Morrighan," she replies simply, her name not sounding quite as unique in comparison. "I don't really pay attention to the entertainers. I usually do my own thing and avoid the markets; they're too loud. But-" she pauses, looking over Al'Zahra one more time. The way the chains hang around her body make sense for a dancer, though they still seem uncomfortable and noisy. "You're not from Denocte, are you?"

The wolf's song had briefly stopped, but she hears it start again, this time closer. She gets distracted from the other mare and looks back around for any sign of the black figure. The plains are empty, but still his voice carries over the hills. Morrighan grits her teeth and steps forward as more burned hoofprints are left from her path. She lifts her head and sniffs the air, but still comes up empty.

Perhaps he is a ghost of her past. Maybe she's doomed to be haunted forever by the memory of the war in Ourania. A reminder of her failure in battle.

Bastard.

@"Al'Zahra" <3
“Speaking.”
credits

Messages In This Thread
where the skies end - by Morrighan - 08-25-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: where the skies end - by Al'Zahra - 09-03-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: where the skies end - by Morrighan - 09-04-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: where the skies end - by Al'Zahra - 09-29-2019, 09:57 PM
RE: where the skies end - by Morrighan - 10-03-2019, 10:43 PM
RE: where the skies end - by Al'Zahra - 10-19-2019, 11:07 AM
RE: where the skies end - by Morrighan - 10-24-2019, 10:10 PM