Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - lord, if I make it through tonight; (dusk meeting)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

STRANGENESS AND CHARM

She had received the owl whose letter was brief, but spoke of a meeting in the Court's keep today. It was not often that these meetings were held, so it had made Corr's eyes widen. Something must have happened and she prayed that it might be good news. They all needed good news lately with the darkness of Raum's regime hanging over Novus this past year.

--

It's not often that she travels to the Court either as she typically stays in the swamp. It's not so much that she's a hermit, she just enjoys being with herself and Hāsta to really clear her mind. Being within a crowd for too long is too exhausting with all the emotions she can feel in her chest. After a while, they start to muddle together and she isn't able to tell her own feelings from others. It's something that will surely take her time to perfect.

So today she makes her way to the Court since she knows it's important. Despite the discomfort she'll feel once the crowd finishes gathering, she stays strong for them. Apparently, it's very much needed as she watches Marisol stand in front of them instead of Asterion. Oddly, it seems they are a few short today. Corr presses her lips together, her own anxiety mixing with everyone else's. Hāsta takes her perch on Corr's shoulder and, for once, the bird is silent but comforting.

Asterion is missing.

It felt like just yesterday that the mare had spent time with the man on the island. He was wary of something - suspicious even - and she convinced him to look in a different lens. Had that been his downfall?

"No - don't think like that," she hears Hāsta say through their telepathy. Although she knows her companion is right, it's hard to feel differently at the moment. Asterion seemed to cheer up at their encounter and their tea afterwards, but some were good at hiding their true feelings. Perhaps she would never truly know what happened.

As Marisol continues to speak, Corr admires the mare's strength. It is something that Asterion surely saw when he chose her for this position. Though from the way she puts it, it almost seems as if the man had planned this all along. She thinks back to his story and how he left his family in Ravos… had he found a way to go back to them? There is a hint of a grin on her lips and she sends a silent prayer to the Spirits to guide Asterion and the others to safety, wherever they may be.

Marisol opens it up to the crowd to speak, if anyone has anything to say. Corr does not hesitate as it's in her nature to want to help to the best of her ability. "I appreciate your strength, Marisol, and I am here to help in whatever way you need me," she says, stepping forward and offering the woman a warm smile. "I'm here to help you all," she adds, turning to the crowd. She still feels all the emotions rising up and hitting her like a wave, but she too must remain strong. "I'm sure you all are scared and sad. I am too, but we must stick together. I'm afraid I can't offer much, but like many of you, I was trained in the ways of a healer where I'm from, though we call it shamanism. If there is any healing or support I can offer you all, please let me know. My door at the swamp is always open."

When she is done speaking, she turns back to Marisol one last time and leans closer. "You'll do great," she whispers before bowing and walking back into the crowd. Maybe the woman isn't afraid of her new position, but the least she could do is show her support and maybe it'll help in some way.
"Speaking." ; <3
Art by RB; Table code by Nettlebird; Modified by Layla

Messages In This Thread
RE: lord, if I make it through tonight; (dusk meeting) - by Corrdelia - 09-03-2019, 10:25 PM