Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - In the Dark of the Night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Rhone had followed the light without any real expectation for what he would find. Sure, he had been hoping for the edge of the swamp, but he supposed the edge of the swamp wouldn’t really glow in the dense nighttime air. If he had to be honest with himself, he wasn’t sure what he was walking up on, but he had been pleasantly surprised to find that it was someone who resembled something equine and who smelled of Terrastella. At least he knew that she would not be dangerous towards him (or rather, she shouldn’t be). He fumbled with his words, probably the first time in a long time that he had truly not known what to say in the moment. Normally he was known for his ability to speak and give advice. Tonight he simply sounded like a blundering fool.

She, however, took his rambling and strange words in stride. At least she hadn’t downright laughed at him, which he supposed any other normal being would have done…especially if they knew Rhone personally. However, at her words that he probably wasn’t expecting a glowing horse, he couldn’t help but chuckle a little. "No, that was definitely not up on my list of things that I might run into in the forest. However, I am glad I stumbled onto you. The swamp is definitely not very fun to wander through after dark." It was his inability at time keeping that had gotten him into this mess in the first place. If he had left for home sooner, perhaps he wouldn’t have needed to stumble on her tonight.

He was about to ask her if she knew where the end of the swamp was, perhaps she might could give him some directions, she began to speak about not being able to turn off the glowing. She continued about it being a game when she was a pup (a pup? Not a foal? She certainly was interesting!). But then she was sounding rather embarrassed and he gave her a soft, friendly smile. "No, no. It’s quite alright. I rather like that you are glowing. At least I can see who I’m talking to. The color suits you, by the way." While he had always preferred the earthy tones, the blue was striking on her. The glow made her look radiant and happy.

She continues, trying to help him with directions without him ever asking. He was thankful for her help, though, because he wasn’t entirely sure if he was just wandering or going the right way. However, the more she tried to figure out where the end of the swamp was, the more she began to doubt herself. "It’s quite alright. I’m sure it’ll turn up somewhere." He would just wander until it ended. Then he would find himself a quiet place to turn in for the night and when the sun came up, he would gather his whits about him and find himself a way home.

But before he could bid her farewell, for he was intent on getting home, there was a commotion that seemed to catch both of them off guard. Rhone hardly even saw the caiman. By the time his attention turned onto the struggling horse, the caiman was already on his retreat. Without even thinking, Rhone used some of his magic to make the floor of the swamp less muddy and more like a bed of grass. It would provide the other with some traction and help him to get out of the water.

He listened quietly as she tried to ensure that he was alright. Already Rhone was stepping towards the stallion, intent on creating him a bank of solid ground so he could not only regain his footing but also join them up on dry land. As she was rambling on, he got a closer look at the other male and his lips curled into a smile. Atlas. He had met the man before on the cliff side. "Atlas, are you alright?" He looked once more to the other stallion and then back at the mare. "I used some magic…the ground should be easier for you to hoist yourself up with." His magic had always been his friend, even when he was lonely. His magic allowed so many things to happen, even if it was so limited. He wondered if the mare would appreciate his ability to build up solid ground when she looked as though she belonged in the waters. "I’m Rhone, by the way…and that is Atlas." He couldn’t say he had seen the mare before, but he had certainly met Atlas. Hopefully they could all work through this awkward situation together.

@Below Zero @Atlas

Messages In This Thread
In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 09-05-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Rhone - 09-05-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Atlas - 09-05-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 09-05-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Rhone - 09-08-2019, 03:20 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 10-15-2019, 09:25 AM