Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - butterfly dreams

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 275
Inactive Character

Kibou is happy to have met someone who was almost his own age. For so long it had only been his mother, him, and their bondeds. The four of them had lived quietly and peacefully in a small little hut on the outskirts of the court. For so long, he had been kept there, locked away from the others for fear that something might happen to him. It was like his mother had protected him from his own court. He knew his papa had died, so he had to wonder if that was part of the reason his momma kept him locked away. He wished she understood that she didn’t have to keep him away, that she could let him out and explore like the rest of the court. He wouldn’t get into any trouble and he would promise to stay safe. But in the end, he disobeyed his mother anyway, putting his own life at risk. A risk he doesn’t yet understand.

He offers his own name and the name of the monkey that rides on his back. He finishes it off with a smile, hoping that maybe she might see that he’s really nothing to be scared of and she would put her horn down. It was making him a little bit nervous the way she was holding it. She looked like she wanted to push it through his flesh and make a giant hole in its wake. But Kibou was a good, gentle soul. He didn’t deserve to be murdered so young. God forbid that ever happened, his mother would have no other reason to keep on living.

Finally she tells him that her name is Aspara and her wolf’s name is Furfur. It seems fitting, a name implying that the wolf is indeed covered in fur. "It’s nice to meet you!" His voice is cheerful and full of wonder. He has never met anyone else before and he intends to make the most of this meeting, even if she still looks as though she wants to kill him.

When she asks him if he should be asleep, he looks at her curiously. Asleep? Shouldn’t she be asleep too? "My momma doesn’t tell me what to do. I’m big enough to go on a walk by myself." It doesn’t necessarily answer her question, but it’s more an answer to his own question - if he can be brave enough to be out here by himself. "Why aren’t you asleep?" She was young too, she should be asleep with her momma too. But alas, they are both awake…both far away from their mother’s protection.

He watches in curious wonder as she softens her posture and her wolf seems to do the same. The wolf slinks back into the shadows, the ball of light that hovers over him unable to bathe him in golden light. It is the filly’s words that bring his attention back to her. He offers her a smile, a genuine smile. "It’s from my dad!" The orb of light had been left to him by his father, the father he wished he could have met but never will. The orb had flickered to life the moment he was born and now never left his side. His mother said it had done the same to his father and perhaps the orb saw his father in him and that’s why it followed him. It seemed fitting enough and Kibou never asked any more questions about it.

@Aspara

Messages In This Thread
butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 09-11-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Kibou - 09-22-2019, 04:43 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 10-01-2019, 09:22 AM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Kibou - 10-04-2019, 05:55 AM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 10-06-2019, 06:46 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Kibou - 10-12-2019, 06:18 AM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 10-14-2019, 02:01 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Kibou - 10-25-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 11-02-2019, 12:18 PM