Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - butterfly dreams

Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 275
Inactive Character

“I’m bigger than you.” It’s a simple statement that seems to resonate within the colt. It validates everything his mother has ever told him and it makes him angry. His mother always told him he was too young to wander, too young to go out at night alone, too small to leave Denocte. It was always about what he can’t do and frankly, the young colt was tired of all the “you can’t do thats” that his mother seemed to always point out. He just wanted to be normal and accepted and loved. He wanted to be like everyone else. When would he be big enough to do things on his own, to find friends, to just be himself? When would any of that be enough? He had a feeling it had something to do with his dad and his why his dad wasn’t here to see him grow up, but his mother didn’t like to talk about him much. She would share stories from time to time, but she seemed too sad most of the time. Why couldn’t he make her happy? So many questions, so few answers.

He watches her, his smile light and genuine. He’s secretly hoping that maybe his smile will make her smile. He sees her trying, but he can tell that she’s just doing it because he is. Perhaps she is sad too, like his mother. He is too young to understand that this world is made up of mostly sadness, of darkness, of desire. He’s too young to truly understand just how cruel this life can be and just how insignificant his life truly is. Perhaps one day he will understand all the things that the world is trying to teach him. But for tonight, he is just a boy…walking in the moonlight.

He is at a loss for what to say, not sure he can elaborate on his little ball of light any more than he already has. He wants to hear the stories of his this light came to be his, what it had done to his father, but his mother has been relatively silent on the matter. Perhaps she would tell him in time, but for now, he just has to listen to what she does tell him and hope that it will be enough.

Attention is drawn back to the filly as she asks him why she’s never seen him before. He can feel the way his feet begin to shuffle in the dirt gathered on the cobblestone walkway, the way his eyes dart to the floor. He doesn’t like this question, perhaps because he doesn’t like the answer.  "My momma kept me in our hut. She says she is trying to protect me and doesn’t want anything bad to happen to me." He remembers her saying that what happened to his dad had been a terrible thing and that she didn’t want the same thing to happen to him. He wants so desperately to know why he has to stay locked up, to be kept a secret. Was she ashamed of him? Was she telling the truth at all? When he was still nursing, it was no surprise why she wanted to keep him close, after all, he had to eat. But he was weaned, eating food and grass like everyone else. He was growing taller by the day and building up strength and muscle while still maintaining his sleek, angled featured.

He sighs, knowing he doesn’t even like the answer he has given her. It makes him feel too young, too small to be out here by himself, even though he knows that Saki will always be there with him. She will protect him, he know she will.

Looking up to the filly, he finds his smile again, sweetly looking at her. "It’s nice to know there’s someone my age here. I like to play and run and chase butterflies." He has always loved going to the lake and running along the beach while his mother takes solace beneath the surface. He has always loved the feel the wind in his main and the taste of salt of the sea on his tongue. "Do you like to play?" His question is soft and hesitant, as if she might say she did not like to play or run or chase butterflies. He hoped she did. He hoped he could find a playmate in her.

@Aspara

Messages In This Thread
butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 09-11-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Kibou - 09-22-2019, 04:43 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 10-01-2019, 09:22 AM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Kibou - 10-04-2019, 05:55 AM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 10-06-2019, 06:46 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Kibou - 10-12-2019, 06:18 AM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 10-14-2019, 02:01 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Kibou - 10-25-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: butterfly dreams - by Aspara - 11-02-2019, 12:18 PM