Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [FALL] * Afterlife ' '

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

A LITTLE MAYHEM NEVER HURT ANYONE

Grueling tensions // Want me in a spiral // I'm waiting to unravel // Twisted motives // Drive me in a circle // I'm dying to untangle

Back on the island, the tension had been strong, but not anything close to the emotions Morrighan was feeling on this night. At one time she had not minded the Emissary, but all of that had been quickly shattered. The woman's heart had been elsewhere and it's clear now as she stands in front of Raum's memorial. It wouldn't be surprising at this point if she had been the one to create it.

A flame erupts from her hooves as she's no longer able to hold it in. It's not a large flame, but she has half a mind to will it forth and destroy every last shred of memory to Raum. Soon, she says to herself, like she's taming a wild beast inside her. It twists and turns as if begging to be let go. There is another feeling tugging at her, but this one is within her mind. She quickly looks over and sees Bram standing in the shadows a little ways away looking concerned. She does not acknowledge him and he stays where he is (for now).

Perhaps she should let the fire go after the woman who lies. Moira claims she's on the Court's side, but yet she mourns a murderer, a tyrant, a piece of shit who caused nothing but hell for nearly everyone. Quite frankly, Morrighan got tired of hearing his name after a while and just wanted to go over there and set them all on fire. Let them start over. At least Isra had been a part of taking the bastard down at last.

As Moira goes over her excuses to Boudika, Morrighan just simply rolls her eyes. She's only half listening since all the words coming out of the woman's mouth are just complete bullshit. Should this be surprising? Though it's the last line that truly has her reeling - "I would not be here if it weren't for Raum." Well, this just gave her another item to add to the list of reasons why Raum sucked.

Maybe there is always the one person who makes excuses for the evil in the world. Maybe it's because they're incapable of seeing evil. But at this point, both Moira and Boudika have Morrighan feeling completely dumbfounded. Her anger is still at its peak, but she is in shock with just how disconnected they both are.

"Why do you hate him?"

And then -

She just erupts into uncontrollable laughter. What a stupid fucking question to ask.

"Why do I hate him? Do I really need to explain myself?" she finally says, breaking from her laughter as the anger set back in. They were both incredibly dense. "Need I remind you both of all the shit Raum has put everyone through? Put us through?" She turns to the Emissary then as the fire appeared to get taller. "Moira- was it not you who gathered us all to go after Raum when he took Isra from us? She went missing, remember? She may as well have been dead." That very meeting was when something sparked in Morrighan to fight. She barely knew anyone then, but the fact that some random asshole came and took her leader didn't sit well with her.

"When she finally returned, the markets were set on fire. Do I need to remind you of that Boudika? Or did you already forget the minion we captured and brought to Isra for interrogation. Yeah, that was Raum, by the way. He was behind that order. Some people died from those fires and we lost a lot of valuable shit."

The woman steps closer to the memorial, the fire almost within reach of that wretched name tag.

"Someone like Raum is not worthy of remembrance, not in that way," she continues, spitting at the ground near the altar. "He deserves to rot in hell for what he put us through - and to Solterra, for that matter. I don't give a shit how good you think he was before, that doesn't absolve him of all that he did before he died."

Suddenly Bram is by her side, likely because he can feel the growing anger within his companion. For once, his presence feels slightly comforting. He faces the two women, his muscles tense, but he does not engage. Not unless one of them makes a first move.

"The fact that this thing is here is a betrayal to the Court." She almost spits out that Moira herself is betraying them all, but she waits. She doesn't care how much she burns the bridge between them, but she would care if she lost her new position or the trust Isra put in her.

@Boudika @Moira you dun did it now

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
[FALL] * Afterlife ' ' - by Moira - 10-01-2019, 09:16 AM
RE: [FALL] * Afterlife ' ' - by Boudika - 10-01-2019, 09:43 AM
RE: [FALL] * Afterlife ' ' - by Morrighan - 10-01-2019, 10:06 AM
RE: [FALL] * Afterlife ' ' - by Moira - 10-01-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: [FALL] * Afterlife ' ' - by Boudika - 10-01-2019, 01:54 PM
RE: [FALL] * Afterlife ' ' - by Morrighan - 10-01-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: [FALL] * Afterlife ' ' - by Moira - 12-15-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: [FALL] * Afterlife ' ' - by Morrighan - 01-01-2020, 11:52 PM