Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - no more alone or myself could I be

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

AION

He was beginning to think these lands he had wandered into by mistake were abandoned. It had been days since he had come across another living creature, save the few field mice who had promptly fled at his approach. The entire world seemed to have fallen still, and he the only one unaffected by the sudden spell. Aion had never been one to mind the solitude or quiet, but this—this was eerie. A cold chill had settled at the base of his spine that he couldn’t shake, and he found himself wishing for the cloak he had once donned or, even better, the company of his mate to help warm him. But both were lost to him now, or maybe he was the one lost, wandering through lands he didn’t know the name of.

Like this lake. Something this massive and alluring had to at least have a name, but there wasn’t anyone around to ask. It was beginning to get to him; frustration stepping in with a single stomp of his hoof, grinding the sole down into the soft earth. This was pointless, he had been wandering for days now with no indication he was going in the right direction. The farther he’d gone the less wildlife he had seen, and if there was any indication he was on his mate’s trail he had yet to see it. A scowl fixed itself firmly onto his features, gazing down at his reflection in distaste. He almost expected Eros to come up behind him, waiting for the gentle touches against his skin and quiet whispers into his ears that he had become so accustomed to. Who would have thought that he, having worn so many different facades and personas in his lifetime (many of them bitter and temperamental) would have come to rely upon the affection of one man so entirely?

Tired already of looking in the mirror-like surface, he brought one black hoof crashing down upon it again and again, destroying the smooth surface in a series of splashes and ripples. He pawed angrily at the water, ears pinned back into his feathers as he snarled silently at the still lake. Every bit of pent up grief and frustration was channeled into this simple act of defiance, cursing the quiet lands for every moment of loneliness they had offered him. Though of course, with such an attitude as this it was no wonder he'd found himself once again alone.

first post w aion in a long time! 
be warned he's grumpy

Reichenbach

ON RAGLAN ROAD ON AN AUTUMN DAY
I SAW HIM FIRST AND KNEW
THAT HIS DARK HAIR WOULD WEAVE A SNARE
THAT I MIGHT ONE DAY RUE

Like a spring breeze he arrived, the bounce of his curls as jovial and feather-light as they had always been, the smile on his rugged face easy and pleasant. He had come to the lake initially to meet some future court members, to discuss what their position and role in the court would be - and whether they would accept his offer of a position. It was a delicate balance, fitting the right members into the right positions, building a court that had been nothing but a nascent idea months ago. One thing he knew without a glimmer of doubt: the court of Denocte would be vibrant and varied, a mix of foreign and familiar. It was their way, it was his way, to be accepting of all varieties, to allow life in all of it's forms to find a place within their territory. 

That being said... Without a proper guard set up on the pass through the Arma Mountains, Reichenbach had taken it upon himself to perform a regular patrol - a simple stroll around the borders and through Denocte, more a freedom for him than a chore. Once he had a Champion of Battle in place, a more disciplined patrol would be arranged but for now... for now, Reich took pleasure in the gleam of silver light glinting off of the distant lakes surface. The sound of splashing reached his pointed ears as he approached, so Reichenbach changed his course and slipped from the cover of the trees to see who (or what) had broken the mirror-like surface. 

Argent eyes watched the monochrome stallion with amusement as he pawed at the water, his elegant brow furrowed and his slick ears pressed back against his feathered head. Reich slid his long lashed gaze over the other man quickly, noting the sharp cheekbones and angular legs with a hot blooded interest - he was beautiful, in a cool, arrogant kind of way. 

"Be careful or she might just slap back"

He chuckled, the baritone sound echoing out over the slowly rippling lake. 

ON GRAFTON STREET IN NOVEMBER
WE TRIPPED LIGHTLY ALONG THE LEDGE
OF A DEEP RAVINE WHERE CAN BE SEEN
THE WORTH OF PASSIONS PLEDGED

@AION i've always loved aion & am so keen to write with him!!

Aion

AION

He had heard the saying, “first impressions are everything.” There had even been a time that he had lived by this rule, adopting it as his mantra as he dressed day by day in crisp fabrics and a fake smile, facing the crowds to put on an exhausting performance. It really was a shame that Aion had seen through this act in the end—near-death experiences seemed to have had a negative effect on his mentality—and had dropped it as if it were a venomous snake placed upon his shoulders. Nowadays his “first impression” was enough to scare many off, or at the very least leave them with a sour enough taste in their mouths to not seek a second meeting. And he hasn’t yet regretted his change in temperament; it was, after all, far less tiring to simply piss people off than to try to please the masses.

His head snapped up at the sound of the intruder’s chuckle, taken by surprise at the sudden arrival. Were it possible for his ears to disappear any further into his densely-packed feathers to showcase his distaste, they would; as it were, his scowl merely deepened as he turned to face the chocolate hued man. Of course it would be as soon as he gave into his loneliness that someone would show up to break it, a reality he immediately resented. 

Even so, he took a moment to glance over this visitor stiffly, making sure to exaggerate his appraisal as he looked him up then down once and only once. He prided himself on this ability to gather all he desired to know from a single evaluation: from the gypsy chains to the easy way the mahogany stallion held himself he found disagreement with. It seeded a bitterness that took root and festered deep within his gut, seizing his body in a tense posture that appeared quite the opposite to the relaxed, even friendly appearance he was presented with. What more information did he need? Nor did he wish to know more about him; he merely wanted him to disappear back into the trees from whence he came, to leave himself to wallow back into his pity and self despair. 

”Water can’t slap back unless there is someone to control it.” He answered cooly, ever the voice of reason and science, as frost entered his tone and hardened his cerulean gaze. Perhaps he tried too hard sometimes, to appear as standoffish as possible, but yet again he dismissed the social construct first impressions had become. ”Don’t tell me you are capable of such a feat?” Of course there was nothing to base his derision off of; for all he knew, this stallion might very well be able to manipulate the waves into something fearsome (and if he could, Aion would certainly find himself in a world of trouble.) He only knew from experience: insults drove others away. And the only company he wished for at the moment was Eros’.

@Reichenbach what why, he’s horrible hahaha
maybe reich can kick some manners back into him??

Reichenbach

I SAW HIM FIRST AND KNEW
THAT I MIGHT ONE DAY RUE 

A rather uncouth snort escaped Reichenbach's sooty nostrils at Aion's cool response, his silver eyes sharpening ever so slightly as he responded:

"No. But I'm not adverse to tossing you in either."

Reich's baritone voice echoed subtly over the lake, musical and humoured as it slowly floated into silence. He regarded his companion, tilting his great head to the side with a wry smile, not one to be put off so easily. In the past his temper had been a quick snare, one that had been easily tripped repeatedly - resulting in bruised knuckles and a bloody grin. Now... well, he'd improved a bit. A bit. He could still feel that burning heat of a challenge, the readiness to smash teeth and blacken eyes, to roar and laugh and spit - all things it did not look like Aion was capable of doing. 

He was so elegant and pristine that despite his icy gaze, the man gave off a distinctly feminine presence. Not that there was anything wrong with that (in fact, had Aion not been so aloof, Reichenbach would have been impressed) - as it was, he felt that the cold eyed stranger would have other talents. It was quite possible, in fact, that his talents could be far more deadly than anticipated. 

"I'm Reichenbach," he offered, showing a glint of bone white teeth as he spoke - not quite friendly, but not ready to beat some sense into the elegant stranger just yet.

@AION argh omg i'm sorry this is poop but I wanted to get something up! 
We could have them fight as a spar if you like?

Aion

AION

He hadn’t expected such a reply, but he didn’t allow it to show across his face, the corners of his eyes simply narrowing in response. He wouldn’t waste his breath here, at least not yet. Aion remained silent, eyes steeling over as he held his ground before the dark stallion. It had been a few years since he had last been in a proper fight, but he certainly wasn’t opposed to it now. The loss of his mate, coupled with the fierce storm that had separated them and the consequent days he had spent wandering alone, had soured his mind and made him prone to irritation, more so than he already typically was.

But the stranger’s curt words were replaced with a smile, and a hint of confusion flashed across Aion’s features for a split second before he covered it back up. He was expecting a show off, or at the very least a huff and a dismissal, but he received neither. It was infuriating. He didn’t want to play with words today, he had left such trivialities behind when he had given up his throne—or rather, when his crown had been torn from his head. This wasn’t a chess game, and Aion had lost the tact to hide his moves from his competition.

The stranger gave forth his name, but he wasn’t willing to do the same just yet, his mouth remaining a hard line cutting his lips. “Are you expecting me to shake hooves or sniff muzzles now, Reichenbach?” It would seem he was exceptionally determined to remain hostile, for his voice stayed cold and he kept his distance from the other.

@Reichenbach
no worries! and we can see how they develop first c’x aion will (eventually) cut it out if reich is persistent enough

Reichenbach

I SAW HIM FIRST AND KNEW
THAT I MIGHT ONE DAY RUE 

At the risk of surprising Aion even further, Reichenbach responded to his icy words with a loose chuckle. 

"A bit too intimate for me -"

He teased, musical voice wafting over the lake, homely and profound as the soft earth beneath them. 

"But if that's what you're into, go for it."

His silver eyes slid sideways, giving the elegant man a sly glance as the silence pooled between them. Frost permeated the air, emanating from Aion silently. Reichenbach had come across men like this - well, not like this (Aion was stunning, ice-cold perfection), but close enough. So instead of waiting for an imminent and likely frigid response from Aion, the Night King's melodic voice sounded again.

"What is a child of Dawn doing in Denocte? I can't imagine you're here for our festivities or markets."

@AION um short and sweet???? and very very very late!! 

Aion

AION

Reichenbach’s continued relaxed manner only served to further frustrate Aion, determined as he was to crawl under the other man’s skin. At a loss for words he simply stared cooly back at the bay stranger, not needing to wait long before being presented with a new prompt to mock.

“I am no child of Dawn,” he retorted, ears flicking back once again in unintended derision. “They do not tell me when to heel or stay; I make my own decisions.” He knew this wasn’t the purpose of Reichenbach’s question; but still some nagging part of him felt the need to correct him, to grab that control of his life back for himself. The four Courts and their politics meant nothing to him currently—a situation that was likely to change, once he had found his other half—for now he was resolved to remain willfully ignorant. “And I know nothing of your festivities or markets. I’m only here to find someone.”

Reichenbach’s question had reminded him of his search, the one that remained woefully unfruitful as the days dragged on. Pictures of his partner already began filling his mind, constricting his heart until he became painfully aware of every solid beat. It was difficult to speak past the lump forming in his throat, but he forced the next two words out anyway; imbuing them with a rough tenderness blatantly out of place amidst the rest of his sharp words.

“My Eros.”

It was funny almost, how quick he was to withhold his own name but offer his partner’s. But then again, the youthful man would always be his better half, even in his absence. His silence now was no longer out of disregard—but rather a quiet contemplation, losing himself in memories of the last night he had spent whole, before the storm had torn them apart.

"Perhaps I'll visit your festivities another time." Casting a glance back at the dark-skinned man with his laughing eyes, he turns away. He didn't need to see any more of the Night Court to know his beloved wasn't here.

He doesn't say another word as he leaves the Sovereign there beside the lake, making his way to sunnier skies where maybe, just maybe, his search will finally end.

@reichenbach don't mind this edit for him to exit c:
talk.