Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - and build me stately castles by candlelight [auditions]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart
“My people. It is time, under Her eye, that we find a new Regime. Those of you brave, those of you wise, those of you who love your country, come forward in Her name.” The call echoed through her very bones, summoning Uzuri as she entered the courts with Neema at her side. Her richly colored and marked coat gleamed in health and good care, not that she was prone to vanity in the slightest. The young maned wolf beside her was also gaining a bit of mass, filling out and looking like the picture of a healthy creature. There was an almost motherly pride in Uzi's eyes as she glanced at her companion.

"What am I thinking? I am not the one that should be stepping up for anything!" Uzuri exclaimed, sliding to a stop and staring down at Neema. "Vespera would never choose me. I am just a simple warrior!" Fear was making her balk. Fear of being rejected, of being told that she didnt belong in the courts. She had been born an outsider, only being a member of the courts for a short time.

"Uzuri! Calm down! You are a strong and loyal soldier, dedicated to the goddess. You have every right to put yourself forward as a member of the regime and prove to yourself and everyone else that you are capable and worth the responsibilities. Now put your hooves to the stone and get your rear in there!" The orange hued canid ordered, vivid green eyes ablaze with pride and emotions. Uzi took a deep breath and swallowed down her fear. It wouldnt do to broadcast that terror when trying to be responsible and a part of the regime.

Approaching the sovereign, Uzuri dipped into a respectful bow. "Vespera bless you, Marisol." She murmured in greeting, her voice just loud enough to hear while carefully clear of her panic. "I am Uzuri, one of the soldiers for the court. I would like to extend my desire to help the realm to grow and flourish. Dusk took me in when my mother died, keeping me alive and giving me a purpose. It is my turn to help the realm and do my best." She continued, standing and gazing at the leader with warm brown eyes.

"I may not have been born here, but I have dedicated my life to Dusk and our goddess. Even if you do not feel that I am fit for higher responsibility, I would like the chance to try to help the realm however you see fit." Uzi finished with a hopeful smile up at Marisol. Anxiety was making it hard to think more eloquently, so she closed her mouth and dipped her head in respect.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Marisol
Notes:

1. Which position (Regent, Emissary, Warden) is your character interested in and why?
- Warden - Uzi wants to make a difference in her court and she feels that being warden is better than being a common soldier. She welcomes the responsibility and the sense of belonging that she feels will come with the role

2. What do you think is Dusk's biggest strength and biggest weakness (IC)? What plots do you think might come from that?
- Being still fairly new, I think that the Halycon is one of Dusk's biggest strengths. They seem to be a strong warrior group that is ready and able to defend the court.
- I think the biggest weakness is the lack of activity regarding the hospital. There are only 6 threads in the hospital, with only one this year. I have had more mention in character about the library and night markets with no mention at all that Novus even has a hospital.
- I think that plots regarding the training of warriors and increasing the activity, as well as perhaps events where horses help gather things for the hospital, would be one way to encourage more activity on both sides.

3. Which part of Terrastella's lore would you be the most interested in expanding or basing events on?
- I would love to see more of the Ilati Shamans and Sceal Kelpies. Both seem fascinating and could be such interesting additions to the character landscape of Terrastella. I would also love to see someone create something similar to the Scarab... A place where certain types of business can be found for a price and that could expand the likelihood of outside courts coming to take part in the goings on in the court.

4. What does your character believe should be the primary focus of the new regime and why? How would that be implemented?
- Uzi wants to see the ranks utilized more. She wants to see each ranking doing what is needed to grow each individual. Regular training sessions for the soldiers, perhaps some sort of class for the scholars... conferences for the medics to share knowledge and grow... Her opinion is that the members of Terastella chose their rankings and should be actively using them rather than just bopping around without progressing in their knowledge and strengths. (Nothing toward anyone, just opinionated Uzi lol)

5. What's your available activity level?
- For a while... it was pretty low. I went through a rough patch with rl chaos and stepped away from the computer a bit. But I am now fully back and full of muse. I am currently working on catching up all my characters and staying on top of responses <3 I would say my activity going forward should be pretty high.

Messages In This Thread
RE: and build me stately castles by candlelight [auditions] - by Uzuri - 10-16-2019, 12:18 PM