Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - and build me stately castles by candlelight [auditions]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 113 — Threads: 14
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

The kelpie follows the summons like a good citizen would. She winds her way through the fading light, thinking of how sweet this time is. Twilight in the court that grieves. Twilight, short-lived and fitful. Twilight sinking into night, painting the crowd in a palette of wine and bruises. They sway where they stand like leaves on a tree, and one by one they speak.

Anandi sees her opportunity taking shape. Shining sweetly in the flickering light that holds off the night. Growing ever bigger by the moment, swelling to fill the spaces grief leaves as it rips through a nation. She sees her opportunity and no one else steps forward to take it. It calls to her, siren song hot in her blood. She licks her lips. She steps forward.

Queen Marisol.” Her eyes flutter to the queen’s hooves, demure and respectful. “My name is Anandi. I have been a member of this court for almost two seasons now.” For a young girl not even four years old, it was a significant part of her life.

I believe I would serve Terrastella– and yourself– best as emissary.” A small pause, and she finally raises her sharp green eyes to queen Marisol. They look at each other, two sisters with an ocean between them vast and violent. And in that moment the grey-skinned kelpie promises to the brown, I can show you how deep these waters run.

A small, neat little smile, small enough that those sharp teeth remain hidden. “I myself am already an emissary of sorts, from a distant kingdom. I was raised to fulfill the job of speaking and acting on behalf of a nation.” Close your eyes you can feel the sea in the coastal breeze, calling you home. “ My plan is to travel all of Novus anyway, to learn more about the courts and the good people who live within each. Let me represent Dusk Court while I’m at it. I will act as the eyes, ears, and mouth of the court.” She calmly looks across the crowd, noting how well (or not) the public would receive her. She is careful, so very careful, to walk that fine line between confidence and arrogance. Most of these land walkers would not know her. They would not trust her unless she earned it.

I believe Terrastella can and should be the beacon of light that leads Novus forward in dark times. Between the strength of our Halcyon, the talents and resources of our hospital, and the character of our people,” her voice swells with pride. She says our people without missing a beat, even though it brings acid to the back of her throat. “We could be unstoppable.

She swallows her pride, drops her head into a low bow. Quietly, so not all the court can hear, she says “I am at your service, queen. Wherever you want me.” A slow, snakelike blink of the eyes. Wherever you want me. Let me show you how kind and sweet the sea can be.

like a shotgun
needs an outcome

art

1. Which position (Regent, Emissary, Warden) is your character interested in and why?
Anandi is interested in Emissary. Let’s be real, it’s because she’s power hungry and manipulative. BUT she’s also quite well suited to the position. She is well spoken, courteous, and certainly not above manipulating others to get them to share their juicy secrets :’) YES she’s a hungry kelpie with selfish motivations, YES she’s not in this for love of country (at least… not currently?) but would she get the job done well? …PROBABLY. (extra credit: she already has plans to travel around Novus, integrating herself in the social network of people of Importance, and she will continue to do that regardless of whether or not she gets the position)

2. What do you think is Dusk's biggest strength and biggest weakness (IC)? What plots do you think might come from that?
I LOVE the halcyon unit and I think it is a huge huge strength of Dusk! One of Dusk’s biggest weakness might be that her queen is a kelpie?? I’d love to explore some of the drama that might come of that. Anandi is happy to exploit her queen… for the greater good, of course. The hospital is also tragically underutilized. It could be a fun event to pair up healers/civilians (not sure we have enough healers alone D:) with soldiers to promote a sense of community.

3. Which part of Terrastella's lore would you be the most interested in expanding or basing events on?
Kelpie lore! Already working on it >:D events based on the sea (water games? sailing?)

4. What does your character believe should be the primary focus of the new regime and why? How would that be implemented?
Anandi believes Terrastella should be establishing itself as the leader of Novus through a combination of military and political dominance. Why? Because we CAN. Events should showcase war games and Halcyon flight abilities. The emissary should be well-established and well-received in all courts.

5. What's your available activity level?
5 posts per month at the very minimum,  even on crappy months. If Andi becomes a regime member she will be my #1 priority

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing

Messages In This Thread
RE: and build me stately castles by candlelight [auditions] - by Anandi - 10-26-2019, 05:21 PM