Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 504 Fall - Spotlight Announcements

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 67 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,935
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Sea on winning Member of the Season!

Sea is a kind and ever-present face within Novus! You can always find her as a friendly face within the Discord channel, hosting her famous Novus Riddle Hour™ that Sid always seems to miss ;) We always look forward to your wonderful stories and the kind-hearted, good advice you provide ♥

Congratulate @Aspara on winning Character of the Season!

Sid put it perfectly: She's wonderful (and so is Rae's writing), second off she's consistently at the top of the monthly posters list! I've seen her interacting in so many places with so many different characters, and it makes my heart so happy to see how active Rae is with her.

Congratulate @Andras on winning Quote of the Season!

From As if to ask forgiveness — "I’m looking for something, but I’m not sure what. I figure I’ll know it when I see it."

Boy, we never realized how much this quote is a mood until we read it... We're all there, my dude. This quote makes Andras relatable on a personal level to so many of us, and that makes his character all the more wonderful and three dimensional!

Congratulate @Ipomoea and @Ramses on winning Pair of the Season!

So I'm going to echo Rae because she put this so elegantly ♥ "Brothers! Reuniting! I have been so very intrigued by these two. I love seeing this sort of role reversal where Po is distant and hard to reach ("I don’t have a brother." The words fall like judgement from his lips. He lets the fig fall from his grasp, tumbling head over heel to the ground where it rests, the sand sucking out its moisture until it is as dry as a fallen leaf. No brother, no father, no mother. There's a hollow space left where they should have been.) while Ramses is for the first time softening to emotions he's never had before. (“There is nothing I want more than to get to know my only family,” the man says, an odd smile crawling across his lips. This was the first time in his life he’d shown such emotion and there was no hiding the shame and embarrassment that came with it.)"

Congratulate @Aghavni and @Antiope on "Pestilence & Penance" winning Thread of the Season!

We love the vibe between these two, and the illusion and playfulness that the maze and Aghavni's 'Doctor Pestilence' brought. Loved Antiope's collected, calmly playful demeanor and Aghavni's subsequent surprise at who she was really talking to.

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 11/30/19!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 504 Fall are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
Boudika, who won Character OTS for 504 Summer, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Michael
@Orestes
@Andras
@Cernunnos
@Aspara

PAIR of the Season
Apolonia&Anandi, who won Pair OTS for 504 Summer, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Ipomoea & @Ramses
@Ipomoea & @Thana
@Marisol & @Orestes

THREAD of the Season

Thread must have been made or posted in during 504 Fall (10/01 - 11/16)!

Current nominations: 
What it's like to be a prophet?
Pestilence & Penance
The First Rose up from the Sea
A hero's death
Your voice is wild and simple
Eulogy

MEMBER of the Season
Layla, who won Player OTS for 504 Summer, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations:
@sid
@nestle
@Sea
@Avis

QUOTE of the Season

Quote must come from a post made during 504 Fall (10/01 - 11/16)!

Current nominations include...

"I greeted him with a smile and silence so pure it could not be mistaken for ill company." — @Atlaas in Sky full of stars

“He is trying to listen to his heart, and it isn't that it is loud and groaning, the roar of an old engine that creaks with the effort of being, or that it beats as fast as a panicked bird or as hard as the drums or war--but rather that it doesn't. For one blissful minute he is an empty chamber full of nothing but the wind, a canyon with an open mouth and the sand that blows in from its cliffs only piles in the corners against the wall. Andras cannot remember the last time he was anything but a fist, or a snarl.” - @Andras in as if to ask forgiveness

“I’m looking for something, but I’m not sure what. I figure I’ll know it when I see it.” - @Andras in as if to ask forgiveness

“Sometimes, sadness becomes so broad and so deep that beneath the weight of itself, it transforms into something entirely different. For Eik, the sadness just became more sadness. A deeper, darker shade of blue.” - @Eik in time makes fools of us all

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the Year 504 Summer Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Spotlight Nomination!</font></div>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: <a href="">LINK</a> TO THE CHARACTER(s), THREAD, OR MEMBER
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!

</blockquote></blockquote>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Played by Online Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 960

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Michael
Reason: Because he has the best hair on the site, let's be real - I love how adorably awkward Michael is and I'm so glad Cannon is back to write him!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Orestes
Reason: His and Boudika's backstory is so well written and interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how he shapes Solterra and what the future of the Courts will look like with him (and really all the new leadership)!

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: What's It Like To Be a Prophet?
Reason: I'm really intrigued by Boudika & Bexley's interaction, but mostly amused that Bex is just like "yeah no, I don't want your flowers" xD

Show us: Pestilence & Penance
Reason: This thread is really fun so far with Aghavni & Antiope and I'm kind of shipping them??

Show us: The First Rose Up From The Sea
Reason: This thread is a beautiful read full of emotion ;_; I'm so interested in how these two might react to each other as plots progress

Which OTS: Member(s)
Show us: @sid @nestle
Reason: Honestly these two work their butts off to make sure Novus continues to run as smoothly as it does and I think they both should be proud of how far it's come. It's so crazy active now and we'd be nowhere without these lovely humans <3 Plus we got an interesting SWP for the last couple seasons and I had a lot of fun with the relic hunt. I appreciate you both!

** Staff edit: Michael, Orestes, "Pestilence & Penance," "What's it like to be a prophet?", "the first rose up from the sea", Sid, and Nestle added to nominations. -ink

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
OOC Account

gonna put these here before I forget like last season D:

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: "I greeted him with a smile and silence so pure it could not be mistaken for ill company." by Atlaas in Sky full of stars  
Reason: This is just a perfect sentence? It struck me as so poignant and concise. Teal has captured in a few short words a thing I have devoted entire paragraphs to :') well done!

Show us:  a hero's death  
Reason: Boudika and Amaroq are such a beautifully written pair! This thread captures a very beautiful and personal moment for both of them, and the writing flows like water ;D

Show us:   your voice is wild and simple  Reason:  Mari and Orestes are such intriguing and wonderfully written characters on their own. Together, they have a very interesting chemistry. It is fascinating reading how they struggle to balance their personal and political desires, and I can't wait to read more of them! 

Which OTS: Pair
Show us:  Ipomoea and Ramses
Reason:  Brothers! Reuniting! I have been so very intrigued by these two. I love seeing this sort of role reversal where Po is distant and hard to reach (""I don’t have a brother." The words fall like judgement from his lips. He lets the fig fall from his grasp, tumbling head over heel to the ground where it rests, the sand sucking out its moisture until it is as dry as a fallen leaf. No brother, no father, no mother. There's a hollow space left where they should have been.) while Ramses is for the first time softening to emotions he's never had before. ("“There is nothing I want more than to get to know my only family,” the man says, an odd smile crawling across his lips. This was the first time in his life he’d shown such emotion and there was no hiding the shame and embarrassment that came with it.) Can't wait to see where these two go! They have threads here and here, for your enjoyment. 

** Staff edit: Ipomoea/Ramses, "a hero's death", "your voice is wild and simple," and the quote from Atlaas/"Sky full of stars" has been added -ink

Played by Online Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0

Oops sorry here's another one xD

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Ipomoea and @Thana
Reason: Because these two are precious! <3 Just read this thread: https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=4291 it's also super cool how their magic balances each other out

** staff edit: Ipo and Thana added!

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 259 — Threads: 41
Signos: 285
Dawn Court Sovereign
Male [He/Him/His] // 7 [Year 497 Winter] // 16 hh // Hth: 45 — Atk: 35 — Exp: 77 // Active Magic: Nature Spirit // Bonded: Odet (Stellar's Jay)

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: COTS
Show us: @Andras
Reason: I just love him okay. His angst, the way cannon writes him, everything

Show us: @Cernunnos
Reason: Tree!

Show us: @Aspara
Reason: First off she's wonderful and so is rae's writing, second off she's consistently at the top of the monthly posters list! I've seen her interacting in so many places with so many different characters, and it makes my heart so happy to see how active rae is with her.

Which OTS: MOTS
Show us: @Sea
Reason: Ahh sea, you are literally always there for us, online daily, always with fun advice and stories, and your comedy hour is my favorite (even if i'm like. never around for it and only see it after the fact)

Which OTS: MOTS
Show us: @Avis
Reason: Avis has become increasingly active again (!!!) but notably I've seen her make several tables completely free of charge, and offers any resources she might have to others. She's friendly and present and always willing to lend a hand to anyone. <3

Which OTS: POTS
Show us: @Marisol & @Orestes
Reason: Their meeting thread is just really good okay? okay

Which OTS: TOTS
Show us: Eulogy
Reason: Clearly I'm biased but I have been stalking this thread since it was started; sea's and rae's writing just meshes so well together, and I'm really excited to see the end result of this thread

Which OTS: QOTS
Show us: “He is trying to listen to his heart, and it isn't that it is loud and groaning, the roar of an old engine that creaks with the effort of being, or that it beats as fast as a panicked bird or as hard as the drums or war--but rather that it doesn't. For one blissful minute he is an empty chamber full of nothing but the wind, a canyon with an open mouth and the sand that blows in from its cliffs only piles in the corners against the wall. Andras cannot remember the last time he was anything but a fist, or a snarl.” @Andras in as if to ask forgiveness
Reason: Kind of a lengthy quote, but I just really love the image this paints.

Show us: “I’m looking for something, but I’m not sure what. I figure I’ll know it when I see it.” @Andras in as if to ask forgiveness
Reason: Same exact post but this quote really resonated with me, as a typical young adult/college graduate who has 0 idea what she's doing with her life. Andras is relatable.

Show us: “Sometimes, sadness becomes so broad and so deep that beneath the weight of itself, it transforms into something entirely different. For Eik, the sadness just became more sadness. A deeper, darker shade of blue.” @Eik in time makes fools of us all
Reason: I know it's a sad quote and all but come on, this is just so beautiful written

don't mind me casually flooding the nominations but come on. how are there so few, when so many people deserve it

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 67 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,935
Administrator

Congrats to our spotlight winners! ♥