Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fall] The Maze Watches

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
Her heart was pattering in her chest, but starting to slow down as she began to reassure herself that what she saw in this maze hadn't been real - hadn't been there. A bad costume that looked too much like a real monster. Her pelt quivered faintly, as she tried to reassure herself that there wasn't anyone there now. She was alone. It didn't follow her, it wasn't going to attack her. It wasn't Ah . . . my tiny, sassy, the words didn't register fully - only hearing a voice, a presence.

In her frightened state, her reaction stemmed from an instinct to defend herself, as she spun towards the voice, green surrounding her bow. In those few seconds, the bow was aimed, angled slightly to the side and an arrow notched and primed, drawn back and her eye lined down the shaft to send it through, her breath leaving her in puffs but the bow and arrow suspended in telekinetic magic with a steady grasp. It was only by luck that the sentence filtered through her brain before she released the arrow - only one individual called her a goddess. Slowly the bow lowered, the arrow unnotching and tucking in the quiver, as she looked up at the figure of Coy.

Any other time she'd probably have huffed about being startled, or grumbled over him stalking her. Instead she breathed a sigh of relief that it was only Huehuecoyotl, for in those bare seconds of hearing a voice and prepping the bow, she was terrified she'd be turning to stare into the skull of a hungry Disirax, eyes glowing and focused on her. When compared to that, he was a welcome sight. She shook her head when he spoke of the big scary maze getting to her, the occasional quiver of her pelt, and it wasn't until he stepped closer, his muzzle moving to her mane that he realized the situation was much more dire than a startle - as if the arrow to the face wasn't good enough.

It was likely the following reaction that cemented the fact it was more than a shock: she didn't hesitate, instead moving straight to him, pressing her tiny body against his side and practically burying her head beneath his mane, being careful of her horn to not stab him again . . . just needing something to ground her, remind her she was in Novus, and not at home where that beast lived. She was silent for a moment, even as an ear pitched towards him to catch his next words, his concern. Her silence remained as she struggled to get her breathing - her heart undercontrol. "I really, really hate scary places." She finally mumbled, "What kind of idiot aims to truly . . . terrify someone in these." She mumbled, her voice turning to a more normal pitch, her words more steady and the shaking dying down until she felt calmer and in control of herself once more.

Only then did she pull away from his strength, shaking her head before answering his question, "There was a section . . . made up like a beast's lair. They probably thought it was a silly costume - what beast could really look like that . . ." She stared ahead, her eyes slightly unfocusing, "Skeletal costume, almost deer-like, a more wolf-like skull with large fangs . . . ." The monster described could sound scary enough, but her following words explained her reaction, "I guess, they wouldn't have known how accurate the costume could be . . . . Where . . . where I come from. They're called Disirax. They . . . . live in the cave systems, a half days walk from where my herd lived." She shook her head, "I've been face to face with one before . . . and . . . I guess seeing that figure here in Novus . . . . It's not a friendly creature you can have a cup of tea with . . . and I reacted before I could remember I'm not home anymore, and there's no way the Disirax would be here."

She glanced up at him, offering a half smile, before trying to reassure, "I'm fine now . . . It just took me by surprise." The memory did, at least.

"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
[Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 10-10-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 10-14-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-18-2019, 01:35 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 12-06-2019, 11:36 AM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-14-2020, 08:49 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 02-16-2020, 10:37 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-21-2020, 12:10 AM