Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fall] The Maze Watches

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
There was something about this stallion that always had her slightly off balance. He was solid at her side, never failing her when they were together, almost dolting over her. She knew there was fondness on his side, but she didn't know him well enough to know how deep that fondness was. In truth, there was still much about him that was confusing to her - and it also led her to the occasional slip in tongue when together, testing the edges of the other. One moment she'll have upset him and have to soothe his ruffled feathers, another moment he was having to do the same to her. Like Fire and Gasoline, they kept feeding the other and constantly poking at one another. And yet . . . when she was with him, there was a part of her that did relax a touch, a part of her that found the bickering to be familiar and comforting, that found the way his eyes watched her sheltering. There was something about him that called to her, and that calling had developed into a fondness on her side too.

She rolled her eyes at his laughter, before he questioned her about her choice to go into the maze, and she hesitated at his question as her thoughts turned inward to digest what her annoyance might be from. As she settled on answer, she responded slowly, thinking her words through and still dissecting what her thoughts and reactions to the maze had been, "I . . . wasn't prepared for how . . .startling it was. Typically I'm not easy to frighten. I've seen a lot in my adventures after all, I'm not exactly . . . . the type to back down from a challenge. Tiny cliff I have to cross - easy. Take on a predator - I can outrun it in the end. But . . . seeing something that was the nightmare of my home world, I guess it spooked me more than I expected . . . and honestly, as fearless as I am, I'm not that fond of supernatural things . . . I recently learned I do have a healthy fear of ghosts - did you know there's a forest in this court that is HAUNTED."

It was like a sudden switch as her speech picked up in excited, if not annoyed speed, no longer thinking things true and instead relaxing once more in the company of the stallion that had a way of finding her at any point, "Seriously! I'm talking ghosts! Why on earth would anyone want to go into a haunted location! I never even BELIEVED in such supernatural nonsense until I SAW one of the ghosts. Actually, I saw a few of them. AND THEY ATTACKED ME! All red eyes, and dark shadows that formed into ghostly bodies -- So far, I'm not too impressed by this festival. Between this maze and the terrifying, freaking Ghost Forest? Nope, no fun give me sunshine, and spring flowers and summer winds again. Fall is mean and Winter is goign to be cold!"

The topic changed once more as she explained the Disirax, and part of her was relieved to see him flinch, if only because he now understood why the image had scared her so much. Her gaze lowered as he spoke, and her head nodded softly, "They are cruel creatures that care about nothing but their own hunger for the magic others possess. They are with out magic themselves and hope by devouring the magic of others . . . it will give them the same power. I've . . . seen what they do with their victims. It's something I wouldn't wish upon my enemies. Seeing a creature that looked so much like them - even if it was just a costume . . ." Her voice trailed off as she shivered, remembering the fear she'd felt, the terror she'd held in her being - and the memories it had drug up.

She pushed those thoughts away, instead turning to the male, and once again the back and forth started, this time him stepping back from her arrow. Her eyes took on a wicked shine however at something new that seemed to fledge up along his flanks, and suddenly the arrow was forgotten, even as she heard his words. She stepped towards him, bow tucked up carefully against her satchel and eyes locked onto the stallion with a calculating and amused expression, "True, I try not to intentionally shoot anyone . . . and there would be a very tiny sliver-sized part of me that would probably miss you." She huffed, "Especially as you've just grown a touch more interesting - tell me, dear Huehuecoyotl . . . how long have you been sporting feathers." And with a nimble, and quick motion she yanked one such feather from his flank, holding it up for him to see, staring at him as if waiting for an explanation, even as she allowed the feather to drop from her muzzle, gently swaying to the ground between them. As he moved to go away, commenting about leaving her alone, she huffed and shifted just enough to break his path, eyes narrowed, "Nope, nuh-uh. We have this feathered problem of yours to discuss. Now, what's with the feathers, Huehuecoyotl? Do I need to pluck you until you answer?" Her muzzle held a teasing smirk, but there was a faint sheen of sadness to her gaze at the acknowledge that another had found magic. Briefly, something stirred in her chest, like a pounding against a cage, and she forced herself to ignore the familiar feeling where her magic once was uncontrolled and available for her touch. She knew reaching towards it would immediately make the feeling disappear, and leave that gaping hole larger, and even the phantom strain was better than nothing at all. So she focused on Coy and his new found magic, if for no other reason than to live through him. "So, shape shifting? Or something else? If it's shape shifting, I might have some experience with that, back home, I could take the form of a few mammals, but a small fox was my favorite." She added, a quiet offer of help if for no other reason than to get him to tell her what she wanted to know (and to keep him around least he follow through with his threat and leave her alone in the maze again - She refused to chase after him).

"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
[Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 10-10-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 10-14-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-18-2019, 01:35 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 12-06-2019, 11:36 AM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-14-2020, 08:49 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 02-16-2020, 10:37 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-21-2020, 12:10 AM