Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fall] The Maze Watches

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
While there were many pieces of the past, many parts of her former home that broke her heart to leave behind . . . the Disirax were not oen of them. And now that her heart had stopped its stutter, she was grateful for someone to talk to about just what had shook her (she who was usually so steadfast). She didn't scare easily, that was practically a pre-req to being a strong and self-sured explorer. But those creatures . . . those were what nightmares were made of, except they lived outside of the dreamworld too. Her gaze danced up to the large multi-hued stallion as he acknowledge the worry - the terror such a creature could possess to anyone who had been touched by magic. His touch to her neck had her smiling, leaning into it faintly and taking the comfort he'd offered to her, sending the last bit of shadows scurrying away from where they had clouded her eyes with the taint of fear and uncertainty.

And then he became immensely more interesting as the feathers suddenly sported down his spine, fledging out into his hindquarters. Deep in her heart, a sprig, a small shout of jealousy grew beneath her green thumb at the so obvious display of unintentional magic, and not for the first time her heart turned bitter towards Novus's magic and how hers had been locked away. She couldn't not be interested, especially by his reaction of panic and terror that turned his gaze to his hide, denying it before spotting the feathers. She couldn't help but laugh at his clearly annoyed expression - the near murderous look his aimed at his own flank, declaring them not a good look. Cally couldn't help but grin, "I don't know, gives you a certain wild, and untamed look if you ask me. Some mares go for that thing." She told him teasingly, before seeing him move to pluck the feather and immediately pushing herself forward to stop him before he could, rolling her eyes when she didn't reach in time.

"Of course that hurt! You don't pluck like that! You want to grab closer to the quill, pull at a certain angle to keep the pain down!" She scoffed with a roll of her eyes, not even bothering with explaining how she knew that. She'd told him earlier she once had shapeshifting abilities. Before Novus, her arrows were fletched from her own hide. She had to roll her eyes at his distress of 'rebelling against his perfection'. That was one word for it, she supposed, but she still thought it added a certain ruggedness that shifted his immaculate form into that more rugged, handsome sort of look. Something you'd pause twice at. She wasn't expecting for him to reach over and tuck the feather behind her ear, however, her gaze nearly going cross-eyed in an attempt to see the black feather against her ivory, chocolate and emerald locks.

His attention did return to her with that motion, however, telling her that he was certain he brought amusement, if nothing else, to her life. Her smile touched her eyes with humor as she dipped her head, allowing acknowledgment of the statement before he gave her the information she had been looking for. Shape-shifting. For a raven. The jealousy rose up briefly once more before being squished beneath her hoof. This was Coy, there was no need to be jealous of his abilities to harness magic now, "Like I said, you've gotten immensely more interesting now. A raven huh? Kinda fits you I guess." At his words of it getting late, however, her body suddenly tensed, glancing around as if he'd suddenly fly off and leave her in the maze by himself, her expression hesitating and that initial fear from earlier this night returning.

It was with a far more docile, and tentative tone that she spoke in response, her gaze still glancing around them as if waiting to see the flashing of fangs from a Disirax hiding and waiting until she was alone again. "Uhm . . . I don't want to take . . . . time from your day, especially with how late it's gotten . . . but would you be willing to walk with me through the rest of the maze?" It was a small sign of just how distressed she was over what she'd thought she'd seen, of what that creature meant and was towards her. She couldn't bring herself to ask for the company home, but at least to get out of the dark, purposely terrifying in appearance maze . . . she would lower herself to ask for that. She steadied her breath, squaring her shoulders, before moving to continue deeper through the maze, and to the exit, glancing back to make sure he was staying with her, not hiding her nervousness behind bravado, and instead meeting his gaze and letting him see a little deeper into her soul, "I promise, I'll be back to normal, and braver on our next adventure . . . Coy."

"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
[Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 10-10-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 10-14-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-18-2019, 01:35 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 12-06-2019, 11:36 AM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-14-2020, 08:49 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 02-16-2020, 10:37 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-21-2020, 12:10 AM