Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [FALL] the dead can't speak

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Fall was always Rhone’s favorite time of the year. While most assumed he would like spring and summer because the plant life was abundant and green (you know…because of his earth magic), Rhone preferred the neutral tones of fall. There was just something about the changing of the leaves, the air getting cooler, and the way the clouds seemed to keep the sky dark and dreary that called to him. Don’t get him wrong, he loves the flowers and blooming trees and blue skies, but he also likes the changing of the seasons. Not to mention, he loved all the pumpkin carvings, the bobbing for apples, and the Halloween costumes. He loved it all.

It was no surprise that when he heard that Denocte would be hosting a fall festival, he was immediately interested. And with that interest came the desire not to go alone. Since coming to Novus, he had formed a special friendship with Erd and Ard, something that had taken all three of them by surprise. But it had happened and it was beautiful. Rhone was just thankful Erd had been found. It had been a nervous time for the older stallion, missing and his friend and wishing him home safe and sound.

Once the trio entered the Night Markets, already there was a huge hustle and bustle as vendors set up for tarot card readings, sales of small trinkets, and fun games for all ages. Rhone turned to the twins for a brief moment. "There’s something I want to do and it will only take me a minute. You can come or stay." He needed to pay his respects. He had heard of a booth that honored those lost. While most of the individuals in Rhone’s life were happy and healthy, there was one who had passed on far sooner than she should have.

Rhone came upon a table that had pictures of loved ones and candles. He easily lit a candle and watched it flickered for a moment. "Alexia my darling…I love you very much. I hope to see you again in the afterlife…" His voice was soft, his mind thinking back to the day his daughter was born and left this earth. He can still see the small premature form of his daughter, lifeless on the ground. He still remembers the screams coming from Ariannah and the numbness he felt. His firstborn, his love. He would see her again.

With a heavy sigh, Rhone turned to leave the booth, unknown to him that Erd and Ard had heard everyone word. Would they think she was his mother? A lover? Or would they know she meant so much more to him than either. He sighed. "Would you care to light a candle for someone you’ve lost?" His heart still ached for the daughter he would never see, but it felt right to light a candle for her. Remembering her was so good for him. Even though it was painful, he always cherished this little moments when he could think of her.

@Erd @Ard